New hen standing in crate with eyes closed...help...

* casportpony *
Question- do I still give her 2tsp per gallon of the corid in her water or would it be less now since its no longer a severe case?
Also how long do I give it to her for?
Thanks!
Quote: If she were mine I would give the 2 teaspoon dose for 5 days even though she does not appear to have a severe case, then the 1/2 teaspoon dose for a week or two more. Truth be told, I'm quite lazy and usually just give it for 5 days, but I wouldn't feel right telling you to do that.
big_smile.png
Though I do have some peachicks that I've just started on Corid, so will probably do them five days at 2 tsp and thn 7-14 days at 1/2 tsp.

FDA recommendations:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/animaldrugsatfda/details.cfm?dn=013-149
"Chickens
Indications: For the treatment of coccidiosis.
Amount: Administer at the 0.012 percent level in drinking water as soon as coccidiosis is diagnosed and continue for 3 to 5 days (in severe outbreaks, give amprolium at the 0.024 percent level); continue with 0.006 percent amprolium-medicated water for an additional 1 to 2 weeks."

And this link has these instructions:
http://www.drugs.com/vet/amprol-9-6-solution-can.html
"Poultry - as Soon As Caecal Coccidiosis Is Diagnosed, Give 0.024% Amprolium In The Drinking Water For 5 To 7 Days. Continue The Treatment With 0.006% Amprolium Medicated Water For An Additional One To Two Weeks. No Other Source Of Drinking Water Should Be Available To The Birds During This Time."

-Kathy

If she were mine I would give the 2 teaspoon dose for 5 days even though she does not appear to have a severe case, then the 1/2 teaspoon dose for a week or two more. Truth be told, I'm quite lazy and usually just give it for 5 days, but I wouldn't feel right telling you to do that. :D  Though I do have some peachicks that I've just started on Corid, so will probably do them five days at 2 tsp and thn 7-14 days at 1/2

Great thank you!

Since I'm on here wanted to ask...
Is it ok to eat any eggs she may lay while she's on the corid?
I've tried searching but everyone has a different opinion. Tried calling the company but they just said it wasn't made for poultry so they couldn't answer.

Since I'm on here wanted to ask...
Is it ok to eat any eggs she may lay while she's on the corid?
I've tried searching but everyone has a different opinion. Tried calling the company but they just said it wasn't made for poultry so they couldn't answer.
Yes, you can eat the eggs.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom