New here, what's wrong with chickens

MCathey

Hatching
Nov 21, 2020
Hi. I have 8 chickens. Four of our chickens have dirty butts, the other four do not. (None of the Brahmas, only the brown chickens). They aren't missing feathers, all are eating and drinking fine, acting okay. I don't think I see any obvious signs of mites or lice, however I unused a photo of something that is SO tiny I'm not sure what it is.
We live in Portugal. It's not been damp here yet. I clean the coop weekly with Diatomacous earth, clean their waterers etc. Please help.
IMG_20201121_144900.jpg
IMG_20201121_145959.jpg
IMG_20201121_145956.jpg
IMG_20201121_145505.jpg

They may have just had some watery foods or they may need worming, it could also be vent gleet. You should wash their bums and trim the feathers around the vent. It won’t hurt to worm them too. See if it clears up after that.

Also, Diatomaceous Earth is completely useless for poultry. It’s a waste of money and can actually be harmful. Use a liquid or powder with Permethrin to effectively treat lice/mites.

Hi. I have 8 chickens. Four of our chickens have dirty butts, the other four do not. (None of the Brahmas, only the brown chickens). They aren't missing feathers, all are eating and drinking fine, acting okay. I don't think I see any obvious signs of mites or lice, however I unused a photo of something that is SO tiny I'm not sure what it is.
We live in Portugal. It's not been damp here yet. I clean the coop weekly with Diatomacous earth, clean their waterers etc. Please help. View attachment 2419669View attachment 2419673View attachment 2419674View attachment 2419675
I am sorry your chickens are going through that. You will find answers here.
And by the way, welcome.

Attachments

• welcome2.jpg
    welcome2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom