New Member always looking for more knowledge

Bartels42

Chirping
Aug 10, 2018
I am new to this so bear with me if I dont do this exactly correct...I joined today and I will start with the questions provided :)

Are you new to chickens/ when did you first get chickens?

* No I am not new to chickens...I have been around chickens ever since I was young ( going to be 43)

How many chickens do you have right now?

What breeds do you have?
* Araucana, Barred Rock, Cornish, Rhoad Island Red, Golden Wyandotte, Blue Orpington & Blue Jersey Giants

How did you find out about BackYardsChickens.com?
* general online search when my favorite Barred Rock girl got sick

What are some of your hobbies?
* My fur/feather babies for sure! Art!..taking items no longer used or end up in dump and make something new!
Herbalism! Aromatherapy! Constantly making something new...Restarting my business Lolitas Lovely Ladies (got sick so have had to put it and studies on hold til now :) Getting back to it!) ..Gardening is a def to! I grow ALOT of veggies for animals, YES Furbabies to! They LOVE fresh fruit and veggies. (Trained them from young age to see veggies and fruit to be treats). Hiking, camping & traveling when I can. Listening to music & my feathered friends LOVE music! :)

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you would like to share.
*I am a momma to 4 beautiful kids...from 8 1/2 to 21 1/2. I love them to the moon and back! They are my world! :)
Other pets: 7 Ducks, 8 Guineas, 9 Turkeys, Rabbits, 6 Dogs, & 5 cats.
Occupation above.
Just here to expand my knowledge...always up for learning new information and to help where I can if I have already had it happen or know :)

I found BYC by search...I have know about it for about a year

Last edited:
I am new to this so bear with me if I dont do this exactly correct...I joined today and I will start with the questions provided :)

Are you new to chickens/ when did you first get chickens?

* No I am not new to chickens...I have been around chickens ever since I was young ( going to be 43)

How many chickens do you have right now?

What breeds do you have?
* Araucana, Barred Rock, Cornish, Rhoad Island Red, Golden Wyandotte, Blue Orpington & Blue Jersey Giants

How did you find out about BackYardsChickens.com?
* general online search when my favorite Barred Rock girl got sick

What are some of your hobbies?
* My fur/feather babies for sure! Art!..taking items no longer used or end up in dump and make something new!
Herbalism! Aromatherapy! Constantly making something new...Restarting my business Lolitas Lovely Ladies (got sick so have had to put it and studies on hold til now :) Getting back to it!) ..Gardening is a def to! I grow ALOT of veggies for animals, YES Furbabies to! They LOVE fresh fruit and veggies. (Trained them from young age to see veggies and fruit to be treats). Hiking, camping & traveling when I can. Listening to music & my feathered friends LOVE music! :)

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you would like to share.
*I am a momma to 4 beautiful kids...from 8 1/2 to 21 1/2. I love them to the moon and back! They are my world! :)
Other pets: 7 Ducks, 8 Guineas, 9 Turkeys, Rabbits, 6 Dogs, & 5 cats.
Occupation above.
Just here to expand my knowledge...always up for learning new information and to help where I can if I have already had it happen or know :)

I found BYC by search...I have know about it for about a year
:welcome:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom