So, some drama with the hubby 😕, he thinks our cats will kill the chicken, as if I am going to just let her walk around dripping in gravy .....SMH.
Anyone have opinions and experiences on cats living in harmony you with a pet chicken? No matter how much research I have done to ensure their safety he isn't convinced. Help!

So, some drama with the hubby 😕, he thinks our cats will kill the chicken, as if I am going to just let her walk around dripping in gravy .....SMH.
Anyone have opinions and experiences on cats living in harmony you with a pet chicken? No matter how much research I have done to ensure their safety he isn't convinced. Help!
That is a very difficult question to answer, IMO, to many variables that could end up very poorly for your chicken if anything happens and no one is around.

Depending on your cat, most likely it wont hunt your chicken as a source of food. Could your chicken at some point surprise and or startle your cat to make it lash out and or bite your chicken? Yes. Intentionally? No, just how animals can react in that type of situation. Then you have a hurt chicken to doctor. :(

It would be a very wonderful thing if all our pets would get along perfectly with other animals and no issues. Unfortunately it's not a perfect situation and the risk is always there for something bad to happen. Best of luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom