cmspivey

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2019
Coraopolis, PA
Well, here goes it... My initial post!

I'm Carlis! I'm not technically new to chickens, but I am new to ducklings! I have three eggs currently... Sadly, I think only one of them may be alive and well, though... We'll find out within the next few days! They're all Khaki Campbell x Pekin ducks! Or, well... They would be.

I love watching the eggs - observing as the embryos start and take up their final shape! It honestly is so fascinating to me... From day 1 to day 28, I can sit and watch their every move without getting bored. Honestly, I can't say there was ever a point in my life that I didn't find a special fascination in my heart for the avian species...

I'm an avid birdwatcher and member of the Three Rivers Birding Club! Beyond the avian world, I often find myself lost in my own writing or music... I play a good handful of instruments but I can almost always be found with my acoustic 6 string nearby! I'm currently in the middle of building up and publishing my own website, but my indecisiveness is killing my personal deadlines... One of my most recent endeavors happens to be photography! I hope I can utilize that here on BYC!

I live with my girlfriend, Lily. She's more than supportive of my suburban aviculture! She gets just as excited as I do when the embryos move under our flashlights. She's crazy loving and I'd honestly be completely lost without her! Other than the eggs, I have a boxer pup named Maka who I absolutely adore... She's going on 6 years old now and she's my best friend. Speaking of dogs... I'm a certified second level Kennel Technician. I work for a pet shop where I administer medications, dewormers, vaccinations... You get it... I love animals and I do everything I can to ensure their happiness and well-being. I mean... If we don't, who will?

Anyways... Enough about me! Tell me about you! Drop some intro info about yourself and shoot me a follow. I'll make sure to follow you back! My ducklings are close to their hatch date and I'd love for all of you to see them come into this world!

If you stuck it out til' the end, thanks! I look forward to getting to know the community and getting way more involved!

Attachments

• 73276655_2454436951504555_7685936743190626304_n.jpg
    73276655_2454436951504555_7685936743190626304_n.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 8
Hello Carlis and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am a huge wild bird enthusiast and have been obsessed with them since I was 4! :lol: My Life List is approaching 200, and I just can't get enough of birds!! :ya:gig Just call me bird brained. :lau

Good luck with the hatch and any future hatches. Welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom