New Mexico: Purebred Splash Barnevelder Roosters 4 mos old

gruffy

Chirping
Jan 28, 2015
I have two Splash Barnevelder roosters up for sale. Hatched from my pair of barnies (Greenfire line hen and show stock rooster) Their half sister from my greenfire hen has great double lacing, my new rooster should give much better genes to add on to that. These guys already show good lacing on their wings and have nice solid chests plus they are very sweet! they love to be held :) mom and dad are very docile as well. Their sisters have sold and were already showing good double lacing in their first set of feathers. I should have unrelated girls in the spring.
Barnevelders are prized for their good dispositions and stunning appearance and make for very hardy birds and great layers.
barnevelder.jpg
barnevelder2.jpg

I didn't realize Barnevelders could be this light in color. I've only seen the dark colored ones up to this point. Interesting!

They come in blue black and splash as far as Ive seen. There are some silver laced as well. These guys are splash, splash is a pair of genes that work a lot like albinism restricting black pigment in chickens except pigment comes through in random spots (hence the name splash) If you have one splash gene you get blue since it's partially dominant you get something from light grey to almost black. It's pretty interesting :D but if you cross splash with the regular black barnevelders you get all blue.

Attachments

• BarneBlueLacedLacing.JPEG
    BarneBlueLacedLacing.JPEG
    245.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom