New mom and so many possibilities... idk what kind of peachic I have

Windy L Rippie

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2017
Tennessee
Do I have Silver Pied...IB Pied....White Pied....Please help I dont want to be clueless!! Grab a snack its kind of lengthy. So I bought my peachics mid September. I bought them thinking 2 months old but a group informed me more 2-3 weeks. Now they are 9-11 weeks old. 1 white and 1 pied no clue of the sex of either of them. Thats all I know. Was told the 'spots' on its back (only place they were when I got em) would turn the classic peafowl blue. As time has passed the 'spots' grew as well as popped up on its head, face, neck. Just yesterday I saw that the color, kind of a tealish/blue from the quick glimpse I got (natural sunlight is the only way I saw it), is coming in on the base of the neck. It does have some barring on feathers around the base of neck and back as well as some solid, light grey feathers more towards the back of the body and underneath (sorry I forget the name of the area..remember Im new lol) can someone help me identify what kind I have? Pictures available.

Attachments

• 20171106_111657.jpg
    20171106_111657.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 25
Do I have Silver Pied...IB Pied....White Pied....Please help I dont want to be clueless!! Grab a snack its kind of lengthy. So I bought my peachics mid September. I bought them thinking 2 months old but a group informed me more 2-3 weeks. Now they are 9-11 weeks old. 1 white and 1 pied no clue of the sex of either of them. Thats all I know. Was told the 'spots' on its back (only place they were when I got em) would turn the classic peafowl blue. As time has passed the 'spots' grew as well as popped up on its head, face, neck. Just yesterday I saw that the color, kind of a tealish/blue from the quick glimpse I got (natural sunlight is the only way I saw it), is coming in on the base of the neck. It does have some barring on feathers around the base of neck and back as well as some solid, light grey feathers more towards the back of the body and underneath (sorry I forget the name of the area..remember Im new lol) can someone help me identify what kind I have? Pictures available.
View attachment 1180327 View attachment 1180327

Attachments

• 20171106_113049.jpg
    20171106_113049.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 117
  • 20171106_112251.jpg
    20171106_112251.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20171106_112633.jpg
    20171106_112633.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 22
I have been reading A LOT :) but it has led me to now want to question some experienced folk. On picture 2 and 3 you can see some barring coming in. This is completely new. I could swear a couple weeks ago there was zero barring. Well after all I have read, is this pied I have been calling Apple a boy? I know my white pea I will have to get tested unless I wanna wait but well...I learned, at least I think I did, a lot from an older thread. Would love to get some inout from a few folks that posted there :) @frenchblackcopper...I hope one day I am as knowledgeable as you!!

The color is Blue and the pattern is Silver pied . It look like a Blue Silver pied female !
My theory is ... the color gray / silver appears around 2 months for the females and much later (14 months) for the males! Am I wrong?

The color is Blue and the pattern is Silver pied . It look like a Blue Silver pied female !
My theory is ... the color gray / silver appears around 2 months for the females and much later (14 months) for the males! Am I wrong?
I am so new that I cant say wrong or right lol. I havent read about the silver coming at different times so will have to look into that. What led me to a guess at boy was that it went from zero barring to having barred feathers (I read that females lose barring while males gain it) and it finally has color coming onto the base of the neck. Its more blue than green and read that blue/tealish is a sign of male. I could have COMPLETELY read wrong or it could have been referencing a dif type.

Oh and ya, after I posted this, I found the correction on the color :)

Back
Top Bottom