New mom, hatched chicks

Awhhhh my roo is the sweetest! He’s my favorite (don’t tell the others) and loves cuddles.
She is non bearded and one waddle is larger than the other!! So strange. I will surely let you know! I’m glad you like the name... she’s very cute and wish she liked being held lol.
I took a few more pics this evening so they are here... she will be exactly 6 months in about one week! So 23 weeks right about now :)
OK, my girls who can see really well like being held less too. They go through lots of mini molts when young and can be a little uncomfortable for them to be handled. Also teenagers are pretty unfriendly, so maybe she will still come around to enjoying your company! Some girls do and some don't.

I showed the pics to my daughter, another Silkie nut :oops: and she agrees yours is female. :wee I looked at my calendar to see how old my Silkie pullets are that aren't laying yet. They are 27 weeks and I have zero doubt to their gender. One girl from their group has been laying for a few weeks and already gone broody and been broken from being broody. Three girls just aren't there yet. And up here in Nor Cal daylight is diminished and that is PART of what triggers the laying hormone.

Don't get me wrong I've raised a LOT of boys. :drool

ETA: She said by that age boys will be boys... I tend to agree.

OK, my girls who can see really well like being held less too. They go through lots of mini molts when young and can be a little uncomfortable for them to be handled. Also teenagers are pretty unfriendly, so maybe she will still come around to enjoying your company! Some girls do and some don't.

I showed the pics to my daughter, another Silkie nut :oops: and she agrees yours is female. :wee I looked at my calendar to see how old my Silkie pullets are that aren't laying yet. They are 27 weeks and I have zero doubt to their gender. One girl from their group has been laying for a few weeks and already gone broody and been broken from being broody. Three girls just aren't there yet. And up here in Nor Cal daylight is diminished and that is PART of what triggers the laying hormone.

Makes me feel better that she is most likely a she! I wasn’t sure about the no crowing thing because of having such a dominant roo? But she really has no comb and my roo has a walnut! And the main reason I got her was for breeding pure silkies of course! They are the cutest and no one in our area seems to have them so I think I could introduce them here.
Hopefully Clementine starts to like being handled more as she gets a little older and she’ll pop out an egg soon!
Thanks for all the advice and taking a look at her!

I thought you would be happy to hear that you and your daughter were right on the money!!! Clementine laid her first egg today!!!

Attachments

• F8A5F496-BE00-446A-BB7E-986E0BA05192.jpeg
    F8A5F496-BE00-446A-BB7E-986E0BA05192.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom