New Peafowl Pen Pics - FINALLY!!!

I think you did a GREAT job!
woot.gif
I am not sure of the tree branch, I think I would make it level across instead of the angle it is in the picture but that is me LOL! When will you post the feeder can't wait to see it if your pen looks that great it must look nice as well!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You're right about the tree branch. I thought about that. I think that we will get a few more branches and nail them up leveled across so that they can fly on them. Would have for them to be up there sideways.
lau.gif
. Thanks for pointing that out. That kinda confirmed my skepticism about the branch. I appreciate the observation. I guess I will be in the woods this weekend looking for more branches.
gig.gif

Just make sure all pallets that you use are from within the US (if you are in the US), I think now they are marked with HT on them showing that they were heat treated. If they come from overseas they could be sprayed with an insecticide to keep from shipping insects in with them. From what I have heard, some of the insecticides used are pretty nasty...

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I will look at the wood to see what it shows. I hope that they are a ll from the US. I may just call the company that I got them from and ask them. Being as though, I'm still collecting pallets, I will now be more observant and look for the markings. Thanks for the heads up.

One of the most common is methyl bromide which is being phased out because it is ozone depleteing, they do claim that it leaves no residue. But as sensitive as a birds respiratory system is, I am not sure how much I want to trust that statement. I believe they are making an exception to the phase-out for wood pallets. The ones treated with that are marked MB, and the stuff has to be heated to form a gas and they fumigate the pallets with it. I think I would just use HT pallets to be on the safe side. I think some other countries also use a preservative. Most likely your pallets are from the US, and painting them should help seal in any nasties if there are any. I just wanted to mention the possibility...

Nice looking run, are you going to come up here and build one for me?
tongue.png
If so, just let me know when so that I can move some snow first!

Quote:
Good information. I plan on putting on the sealant this weekend and then painting a few days after that. Thanks for the compliment. I was going to schedule a week to go up there and build one for you but when I read "SNOW",
ep.gif
that kinda changed my mind. I'm from Louisiana and I can't deal with the cold too well. When your temps get in the 70's, give me a call and I'll come running.
gig.gif

I picked up (2) FREE large mirrors from someone on Craigslist on yesterday. They are about 4 feet tall. I will probably hang one inside where they roost and the other in the "sun room" (the run) on the wall going into the roosting area. Don't ask me why I"m hanging mirrors cause I really don't know.
gig.gif
When I think too long, I come up with all kinds of ideas. At least they will be able to see themselves whenever they want to.
gig.gif

Quote:
And you can see if you get anything on your face while you are cleaning in there!
lol.png

Watch the angles of the sun so you don't put the mirrors where they'll blind anyone... the 70's is only 60 degrees warmer than it is right now, so see? Not too bad! Give it a few days, then our predicted high will be -10.

Back
Top Bottom