New Peafowl Pen Pics - FINALLY!!!

I was looking at the pictures and thought... 'wait a minute, it looks like two have wrapped wings?' Ok, light came on...
lau.gif

I have one question about the pallets: Are they suitable/ sturdy when doing larger pens? I dont mean taller, just longer and wider. If they are, i might be building a new pen for myself!!!!!

Quote:
Great Job Kuntrygirl. That is spa like.
thumbsup.gif

Sago palms grow here too. And yes they come back from a freeze quite well. But take a look at this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycas_revoluta down in the middle it says these palms are poisonous. These are not really Sago palms they are Cycas revoluta which is a species of Sago cycad. I am going by the foliage therefore if you know different please disregard this caution.

Also with regard to the mirror. I personally have seen a peacock male Flog a Coke machine at the San Diego Zoo. Over and over and over almost knocking it back. I can only assume he was sparring with a reflection. What you might do is put the mirror on the other side of the wire hung in a frame. This way if one knocks it back it will just bounce off the wire and not break. Do a couple of Xs on the back of the mirror too with Duct tape in case a crack gets formed. or better yet set it up like a sign a couple of inches away from the wire so they cant touch it at all.

Quote:
How large are you wanting?

I get my big pallets from Sheet metal manufacturing companies. Company that makes airconditioning duct work... they usually chainsaw them into firewood. Last set of pallets I got were ten feet long by four feet wide. The palletw were made with 3 four by fours that were ten feet long. The slats across were half inch thick eight inches wide and four feet long pine. All pine actually. And yes American made. Not treated in any way so if you are going to use them on the ground they need to be painted with preservative.

Quote:
I would say that the pallets are suitable/sturdy when doing larger pens. My aviary is 28 feet long - 10 feet wide - 8 feet tall and I have not had any problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom