New puppy needs a name...Pics not showing up

thebritt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Humboldt County
On the 4th of July I was walking to my car and came accross a woman giving away puppies. She was down to 2, and the "travellers" were swarming. The city gives homeless people $40/mo cash to feed their puppies (only until the dog is 1 year old), and the scruffy 20-somethings were collecting their puppies. I couldn't let this guy get roped to one of these people and dragged off to the forest, where these people illegally camp, so I took him. His sister wasn't so lucky - I saw her with a rope around her neck being dragged down the sidewalk on Tues. In any event, I was told he's a cocker/terrier mix. He's got wirey hair with whiskers on his muzzle, weighs 13.2 lbs at 12 weeks old, and is kind of brindle in color (photo asap).
So far, I've considered Muttley, Solomon, and Darwin, but none of these names is really grabbing me. I want a name that implies intelligence, as he'll look like a whiskered old man when he grows up (he kind of does now). Any ideas?
Thanks!

Last edited:
He'll be a medium sized dog of about 35 pounds full grown. I can't wait to see the pics, he sounds adorable
smile.png

Wow!! I love puppies.
I have a brindle and white Boston Terrier mix named Rosto. It's Portuguese for face.
Other names could be Watson, Leonardo, and Seamus. I can't wait to see pictures!
droolin.gif

He sounds adorable, how about Milton, Dexter or Simon? I love wire haired little faces!
big_smile.png

What a shame and a bad idea your city has. That is no guarantee those people will spend that money on those dogs and then when the dog is a year, do they dump it? What about vet care? Whose bright idea was this anyway? I would have been tempted to snap them all up and find them decent homes if I could have got them in time. A better idea might have been to hand out dog food instead of cash.

Did it work?
545769937_1931395964_0.jpeg

545769332_1931393724_0.jpeg

545771121_1931400413_0.jpeg

545771202_1931400706_0.jpeg

Here is Solomon! Unfortunately, he had a bad bout of "ate the wrong thing" and is getting over it, so he's not as perky as he'd like to be!
roll.png

Aw crap - I used to be able to see these. Now they're gone. My DH set it up for me (photos from her phone) and it appeared to work at the time
sad.png
I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom