New Rooster crow dampening, noise reducing device

Pics
Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth
Could you make my rooster your poster child? He crows way too much!!!😡

Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth
Would love to get one aand do a video for you - or buy outright if you’re at that stage. Hv a couple cockrels that will be crowing soon!

Some of these replies are happening fast, but once the time comes, any collar from me would be free in exchange for sending me a video of your rooster using it and/or providing some feedback. Ease of application, apparent comfort, efficacy, etc. It is super easy for me to apply solo but ya never know. Similarly, different roosters may respond differently, but it does seem universally effective if the sizing is correct and my roosters don’t even seem to notice it after the first hour or two
I am totally interested! Like you, we are very attached to our babies that hatched and turned out to be boys. It has been hard to think about rehoming any of them.
I currently have a 6 month old crevecoeur, an 8 month old silkie, a 1.5 year old bantum frizzle Cochin, a 1.5 year old Seabright, and 3 new babies from those two guys and a serama mama. Because our home is technically outside the city limits, we are allowed to have them, but neighbors have complained, so we put them inside every night.
I would be happy to try out your device on my various ages and sizes and provide pictures and testimonial! 😁

I am intrested to see how this turns out I have no need of a color or whatever it is I am Rural and suprisingly to me love the crows of our multitude of Roos. But I see too much heartbreaik at this sight of folks who have to give up a roo they raised from a chick or even a egg. Be wonderful to actually have somthing that works humanely to give these folks an extra option.

I'm also concerned about the potential for scams. We get a lot of stuff like this and ideas come up for things like this on BYC. Most folks don't follow through.
Not sure it's a scam (hopefully he's not asking for money in private messages),
or just someone's wild idea, that may or may not have any validity.

Get a patent before doing anything else.
That was mentioned, that he wouldn't show the thing or even explain it until a patent was procured.....which could take months.

-Aaron Heerboth
I'm very interested. I have 9 roosters, and 5 of them are VERY loud and VERY constant crowers! I'm fairly certain that there are plenty of people who would need on or two... If the price isn't ridiculous. How long do you think it'll be before you can get them onto the market?

Back
Top Bottom