new to this

kimchick1

Hatching
8 Years
May 4, 2011
I had only one chick hatch out of 13 so very unsucessful but was my 1st time using incubator, so my Dad got me 4 chicks of a friend to put with it, but one of them is not right and am worried about it, the others are all doing the normal but that one is just sat doing nothing not sure it has even had a drink, it is also smaller than the rest and is 4 days old. Is there anything i can do to help it. He seems to sit away from the others and does not open is eyes
sad.png

welcome-byc.gif

Take him over to the water and dip his beak in it. You sometimes have to show them where it's at and how to drink it. Do it several times. You can also put some sugar water in there or put vitamins in the water. Make sure he is eating. If I think mine aren't I will dip their beak in it too. Good luck and I hope he perks up!

he dont seem intestested i just dipped his beak in twice, i think one of them has runs aswell
hmm.png
i hope they hav not got something i am very attached to the one a managed to hatch out. Will leave him for a night and see how he is in the morning, thanks x

the little chick is still going but no change, poor little thing, i keep trying him with the water and food (it tries bit when dip beak in but its like it has no energy). Yes my Dad has set it all up for me with heat lamp and plenty of room to move away from heat. Not sure what medicated feed is but i have what my Dad always feeds his. My Dad says he wont last but i want to give it a chance but these things happen maybe i am too soft. I think given his chance he would of done away with it as he says its for best because they can go on like it for a good few days. It is still just stood there head down eyes shut doing nothing on its own.
sad.png

I had one that wasn't doing well at all; shaking all over, tipping over ect. I had water with electrolytes in it and kept dipping my finger in it and touch it to its beak. I would do thid quite a few times until it would take the water. Then I would do it a few more times. Then I would dip it's beak in the water. Long story short it lived and it is as healthy as the rest. Good luck

sad.png
I helped it hav a drink last night by giving it drops from a medicine seringe and you could tell how thirsty it was, can chickens be blind. I hav also just noticed he has fleas or i have seen one crawling on him. Not had much luck with this lot wont be buying any from that man again. All the rest are fine but will need to treat the flea thing quick any recomendations x

I don't know if it will make a difference for chicks but when dog breeders have a weak puppy that is barely hanging on in the first day or two, we boil a piece of beef liver in a small amount of water, cool the water and give it to the pup with a small dropper. It usually perks them right up if you can get any in them.

sadly lost the poor little chick 2day
sad.png
at least i tried what i could thanks for all the advice x

Back
Top Bottom