newbie from Texas Panhandle with Bielefelder eggs

welcome-byc.gif

Good luck with your hatch!

Hi and all the best with your hatch. I'm sure the bator bods will help you out with any questions you may have.

All the best

Ct

Thanks all, I'll be on the road this weekend. So incubator will have to come with me. Good thing pickup has an outlet to plug into. Guess I will need to figure out the sponge trick. Either way, incubator needs water several times in 24 hours. All highway miles. So hopefully I still have a chance of them hatching. Or it's going to be a good lesson in what not to do!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

thanks nickyknack... lots of good info here by reading past threads.. awesome site and people!

candled the eggs last night after getting back from the trip. had to take eggs/incubator with me to keep track of moisture levels. this was the 1st check at about 7 days... looking like 11 out of 12 are developing nicely. put them back in the same spot where I had them. the one egg looked like it started to develop and quit? has clear area on top with the cloudy area below that. left it in, but will throw that one out if needed on the 14 day check. I think it's too early to tell from last night's check if they were damaged from all that road time, they will get some more road time this weekend too. think I have beginner's luck so far. we will see..

Back
Top Bottom