Newbie question

Bhaake

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2021
I recently this summer went through the fight with a broody chicken. We live in city limits and cannot have a rooster so hence the reason for the fight to break her. Well I gave up and gave her a few fertile eggs. They hatched, one survived and one did not. Well the one that survived I’m pretty sure is a rooster 🤦🏼‍♀️
We’ve decided to keep it… so my question is when my girls start laying fertile eggs and if one goes broody and I let her hatch a few what will they be… I have 2 buff Orpingtons and one New Hampshire red. My rooster is a Barred Rock.

Attachments

• 1A546D9B-596D-4E8D-9A1B-94886CE34EEE.jpeg
    1A546D9B-596D-4E8D-9A1B-94886CE34EEE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
I recently this summer went through the fight with a broody chicken. We live in city limits and cannot have a rooster so hence the reason for the fight to break her. Well I gave up and gave her a few fertile eggs. They hatched, one survived and one did not. Well the one that survived I’m pretty sure is a rooster 🤦🏼‍♀️
We’ve decided to keep it… so my question is when my girls start laying fertile eggs and if one goes broody and I let her hatch a few what will they be… I have 2 buff Orpingtons and one New Hampshire red. My rooster is a Barred Rock.
The pic is a BR hen/pullet. What are you really asking?

The pic is a BR hen/pullet. What are you really asking?
The picture is supposed to be a BR hen/pullet. I put it on the post since I was telling about the chick that hatched I believe to be a pullet… just there really for a visual nothing more. The question was “if my rooster is a BR but my hens are Buff Orpingtons and NH Reds what will be the breed that hatches?”
Am I creating a new breed?
Really just a silly question… I’ve not been through this before.

Back
Top Bottom