Newest Hatch - A Lonely Gosling. Advice welcome

Mama_Arty

Chirping
Oct 21, 2022
Arkansas
Well, of our clutch of 6 goose eggs, only 2 made it to term (they were mail-ordered and not exactly the freshest when they got here, so I was expecting to lose a few). One died the day before yesterday from mal-positioning. She was facing the wrong side of the egg, and I didn't respond in time to get her little head freed up. I've been trying not to beat myself up about it the last two days, but I know my hesitation to intervene is why this one is alone. So, now we have this single little cutie. I woke to find him hanging out in the incubator. But now I am not sure exactly what to do with a singleton; I know chickens need friends, and I'm sure goslings would need friends too. There are three ducks set to hatch tomorrow or today, I don't know if they would work as acceptable sibling replacements, but I would sure love advice from everyone.

Thank you All in Advance.

322513295_3583543178526446_5161312897852861297_n.jpg

I've raised turkeys and chicks together. No real problems. At least the ducklings and gosling have a similar affinity with water which might have created issues if it was the gosling and chicks.

I think you will be fine. I agree, the mirror is a good odea.

I've raised turkeys and chicks together. No real problems. At least the ducklings and gosling have a similar affinity with water which might have created issues if it was the gosling and chicks.

I think you will be fine. I agree, the mirror is a good odea.
Thank you. I'm feeling a little better about this. Yes, I'm glad they're all water based hahaha. I just hope the ducks come soon because this little one just wants constant attention.

Back
Top Bottom