Newly purchased chicken is sick.

Update: I’ve been syringing a solution of egg yolk and water straight into her mouth for the last couple hours and have found the crop to be squishing, no solids in it. Is this normal when on a liquid diet or is there something wrong? Is something stopping her from getting the nutrients she needs?

Thank you so much for everyone’s support. Dandelion passed away a couple of hours ago. She was warm, she was comfy and she was safe as she went, with little resistance. She has a little memorial in the garden and I went and bought a little flower for her. She was a lovely chicken, and even though I didn’t know her for that long, she will be dearly missed. I am so grateful for everyone’s help, and I hope Dandy is dancing in a field of flowers somewhere in the afterlife.
:hugs

Can I suggest you report the seller to RSPCA? You can do it anonymously and it will also help protect future livestock from being cruelly treated by horrible owners like her. If found guilty, she will have to pay a heavy fine, be banned from having future animals, and her animals will be removed from her premises. No animals should have to go through what Dandelion and other chickens had.

I'm also pretty sure you weren't her only victim.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom