Nice Girl syndrome... so true

I am defiantly Not a nice girl, I am friendly and kind, but i have a backbone and donot put others wants and needs before my own unless its a need for a ear to talk to or you are my immediate family... I am not on this earth to be treated as a doormat.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

if you do not take care of yourself you can not take care of others. People forget this sometimes

I would agree, it does not seem to mean much to most anymore. I do not know what the divorce rate is off hand but it is high. I think it is necessary though as if done for the right reasons it give a young couple a higher meaning of commitment and a more worthy goal to work towards rather than mere co-habitation.

Quote:
you do not need marriage to be committed

a strong relationship is strong because of the two people not because of a piece of paper

Unless you are Mr. doormat and he may like his job, gets to meet everyone before the others do, always says WELCOME has a unique view of everyone.
smile.png

Quote:

As a school psychologist married to a school psychologist, and working with hundreds and thousands of children I can tell you a few things.

1. Gender roles are changing in our society. More women are seeking jobs away from the house. This shouldn't be new or surprising to anyone.
2. Female aggression is NOT anything new. What is changing is the ways girls are expressing aggression. Instead of relational aggression, instances of physical aggression (i.e. more typically masculine aggression) are increasing.
3. Raising anyone, be it boy or girl, to tolerate the abuse of themselves or others for any reason is inappropriate. Yes, it happens, and unfortunately these tend to be more familial (i.e. dad was abusive so attracted to similar husband) traits, which are extremely difficult cycles to break.

Back
Top Bottom