Nifty, are you still looking to change titles for number of posts ?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Guinea Goonie, Apr 4, 2009.

1. After the famed April Fools I did think about the names for people. When they change and to what. I did notice their was a thread started by yourself on this matter.

So, are you still thinking about changing the names when people reach a certain number of posts ?

I think it is pretty important that people that have less than 100 to 150 post get their names changed often to keep their interest in the forum.

I know, When I first started and knew nothing, that it sure was fun to see these name changes when I reached a certain number of posts.

There were some great suggestions in that old thread.

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I agree. I stayed up till midnight just to get to post 100. It is fun to have the titles change. I enjoy it. As for the April fool's joke. You got me good.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Names still change automatically based on post count for non-Golden Feather Members.

GFM's can request their titles changed to match the default by count, but it must be done manually.

4. I am guessing you mean the tried and true ones ?

'New Egg' to 'Just Hatched': 23-24
    from 'Just Hatched' to 'Out of The Brooder: 48-49
    from 'Out of The Brooder' to 'Chillin' with my Peeps': 148-149
    from 'Chillin' with my Peeps' to 'Overrun with Chickens': 489-503
    from 'Overrun with Chickens' to 'Chicken Obsessed': 995-999
    from 'Chicken Obsessed' to 'True BYC Addict': 2460-2593
    from 'True BYC Addict' to 'Flock Master': 4491-5395

The other thread had ones like:

in the bater, peeped, zipped, fuzzy butt all the way up to enabler and such.

I still like of course 'out of the brooder, chillin' with my peeps and overrun with chickens'. Heck I got a thousand more posts to get out of the 'chicken obsessed' title. I will order my medication just in case.
    Maybe another donation to the GFM would be cheaper. just kidding.
    IDIFTL

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think one of those threads was a super-old one that was magically resurrected when someone didn't check the date of it... It was a brainstorming session before BYC even had titles that changed. [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

You know, now that we've got so many members with so many posts we may want to revisit and update the list. I'll see if any of the staff that read this are inerested in running with the idea. [​IMG]

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I love the idea of a title like "Shameless Enabler"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by