Nigerian Dwarf goat - when will she kid?

marshmellow

In the Brooder
10 Years
11 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Hi,

I am hoping to lean on some goat experts here. Here is the back story, I bought this goat in early Feb, she was already pregnant and actually had kidded about six weeks previous and it died. Her previous owners didn't seem to care much and ran her with the bucks right after.

It seems like she is getting close and I am so worried. I want to be there so things have a chance of turning out ok this time.

By looking at her can any of you tell how long we have left. Right now I am checking on her several times a night - can I stop doing this for another couple of weeks? I am reading into everything she does and have been convinced she was in labor a dozen times already

thank you so much in advance

21735_sprink3.jpg

21735_sprink2.jpg

img]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/21735_sprinkle1.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the reply! It's amazing how big her udder is getting, today her teats were twice the size they were and my other goats were trying to nurse from her ( our puppy had a lick too
big_smile.png
)

I wish I knew for sure when she will go - it's tormenting!

so exciting...keep us posted! We are picking one up today, which might be prego!! Thanks for the pic's cause i will use them as reference. New to the goat thing!! I go like the backyardherds site, are you on?

Locate and feel her pin bones in a V shape just above the tail. They will loosen and eventually disappear. When that happens you can figure kidding within two or three days.

Thanks for the input, I feel like I can relax a little bit! Sillystunt - yes I am on backyardherds did you get your goat?

Back
Top Bottom