no pipping end of day 20?

outlawcluckers

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2017
hello everyone,

I have a home made egg incubator and this is my first time incubating.
I'm on the end of day 20 and there is still no internal or external pipping, and I'm starting to get worried.
Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I'm not sure what I should do. The temperature has stayed around 99F to 102F,and the humidity the first 1-17 days was between 50-54% then after that 57-62%. Also I'm not sure how to refill the water? so far I have been spraying water with a spray bottle through the ventilation holes and that seems to be doing okay.
I only put in 11 eggs and as of day 15 only 2 or 3 of them are showing signs of development. They look very dark inside and the air cell is very clear, but no veins. I am doing barred rock eggs which are brown, but early in the development stages ( day 7 candling) I could see no veins, just darkness. Though I think that they were developing at some point though because of the growing air cell.

Anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the encouraging words!

Now on day 21. no pipping, chirping or any movement.
sad.png

Should I candle them?

@Cntry1958 ok I was just about to candle them when I heard the first CHIRP!!!!!
1f601.png
1f923.png
I am soooooo exited!!!

G’Day from down under outlawcluckers
frow.gif
Welcome!

Woo hoo
celebrate.gif
Congrats on the pip!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom