No signs of hatching on day 21?

You could try a heat lamp and thermometer cup of water for humidity...I do have sex links I believe but yourll have to check the shipping laws

Really sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif

Maybe you had a temperature spike you didn't notice? Hard to say. But if you could get a better incubator, your results might be better.

I'm in Michigan. The chicks I was trying to hatch were home bred black sex links from a barred rock mom and RIR dad. I had an automatic turner in there and all the temps were right. This is the 3rd time this has happened with this incubator and I'm done so I'm probably gonna end up decommissioning it. I've had more than enough heartbreak with it.

So sorry. Forgive me if you already said this but did you calibrate a separate thermometer and hygrometer? The ones on the bator can be off. And if it's just off a couple degrees it can ruin a hatch. Also what color are the eggs? I'm just wondering because you had a couple early quitters in there. If you wanna try again, I'll help you through the whole hatch!! :hugs

Yeah I had about 3 different thermometers in the incubator and they all read the same. The hygrometer might've been off. And yeah I do believe I'm going to try again so your help would be much appreciated
highfive.gif

Yeah I have 3 different styles of thermometers in there and all 3 read the same. I checked this morning and the eggs still seem devoid of life. I do want to candle them but I'm not sure that that would reveal anything of worth. At times I feel like this incubator is cursed because of all the crap it has put me through
barnie.gif
!

I would just let them be at this point, since you had a dip in temp...they are probably a day or 2 behind in hatching. Any signs of hatching yet?
fl.gif
So frustrating when things beyond your control happen!
rant.gif

The eggs were from a plymouth rock so they were brown. For the next hatch I'm considering doing either the same homebred black sex link cross or some RIR easter egger babies.

I would just let them be at this point, since you had a dip in temp...they are probably a day or 2 behind in hatching. Any signs of hatching yet?
fl.gif
So frustrating when things beyond your control happen!
rant.gif
If you read earlier in the thread I posted real time info on all of the eggs.

Yeah I had about 3 different thermometers in the incubator and they all read the same. The hygrometer might've been off. And yeah I do believe I'm going to try again so your help would be much appreciated :highfive: .

Yeah, that's the spirit!! Hatching your own chicks is a great experience (and highly addicting)! I would love to see you have an awesome hatch!

Back
Top Bottom