Nobody can figure out breed?

although the males can be feisty.
Belgian Quail d'Anvers.jpg

Indeed. This little b-hole had a gravestone with my name on it. So stinking cute, but I was always terrified I'd step on the little fart while he was busily attacking my feet. I used to put a bucket over him to keep him safe from being squished and let him out when I was done in the pen. lol

View attachment 2834114

Indeed. This little b-hole had a gravestone with my name on it. So stinking cute, but I was always terrified I'd step on the little fart while he was busily attacking my feet. I used to put a bucket over him to keep him safe from being squished and let him out when I was done in the pen. lol
That's a crack up. You'd think after the first time under the bucket that he'd figure out that it wasn't a good idea to go for your feet. He thinks he's a Jersey Giant.

That's a crack up. You'd think after the first time under the bucket that he'd figure out that it wasn't a good idea to go for your feet. He thinks he's a Jersey Giant.
no way comedy GIF by CBC

Never figured it out. And if he got a hold of a shoelace?! It was on! He'd hang on like a little alligator and death roll and flop around. Combine that and me carry a five gallon bucket of feed and I was so afraid I'd smush him like the annoying little pest that he was. His lady friend was a chatty, adorable little thing.

Ughh, now I want them again.

no way comedy GIF by CBC

Never figured it out. And if he got a hold of a shoelace?! It was on! He'd hang on like a little alligator and death roll and flop around. Combine that and me carry a five gallon bucket of feed and I was so afraid I'd smush him like the annoying little pest that he was. His lady friend was a chatty, adorable little thing.

Ughh, now I want them again.
Definitely sounds like he had issues with feet and all things related to feet. I wonder what would've happened if you threw an old pair of sneakers in there for him.

Definitely sounds like he had issues with feet and all things related to feet. I wonder what would've happened if you threw an old pair of sneakers in there for him.
Pretty sure he just had wee man syndrome. Or he was part cassowary. He was definitely in touch with his dinosaur ancestry.

I had a Mille Fleur OEGB rooster that was like that with hands. I used to have to grab him before he'd get me anytime I fed, watered, or got his wife's eggs. He was so obnoxious. Scarlet my RIR hen fixed him though. I had them out in a little welded wire "play pen" so they could get some dirt, grass, and bugs. He decided to hackle at her and she put her head right through the wire, grabbed him by the wattles, and ripped him out into the great, wide world. I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier. His little face went completely white and he started running and screaming. She was chasing him and Rhett the RIR rooster was right behind them with me bringing up the rear. We went round and round the pump house for the well, cages, trees, etc, before I finally caught him. He was much better behaved after that.

Production Rhode Island Red.jpg
Production Rhode Island Red Pair.jpg

Rhett and Scarlet ^

Back
Top Bottom