non-broody fowl keepers

Pics
It's gone perfectly for me each time and I've had 3 different broodies raise chicks.
The moms were qlways protective of their chicks and I had no issues with either poor mothering skills.
I do have a ton of space, though. That's very important.

Well the flock consists of three birds only. They don't have too much space, but I'd say it's decent. Especially since they are bantams. Plus thr broody will only have to fight the other pullet, since I don't think Napoleon (or the males in general) interfere with the chicks

Great, now we're playing musical broodies >.<

Found the blue cochin banty out in the yard, went to check on her eggs, they're gone. BUT, one of the splash cochin banties now has all the eggs. In a different spot. *sigh*

Good thing I wasn't depending on them this year.

Found the blue cochin banty out in the yard, went to check on her eggs, they're gone. BUT, one of the splash cochin banties now has all the eggs. In a different spot. *sigh*

Well at least you're gettin' some! Now that the bantam girls (or at least one of them) has started laying, should I go ask the broody people over at the broody thread for some broody magic?:oops:

Seriously though, can't you put like a cage over them until they settle and then remove it?

Seriously though, can't you put like a cage over them until they settle and then remove it?
Unfortunately, the set-up right now is less than optimal. They're in a temporary coop until the permanent one can be built. And that's not coming along very quickly due to weather.

It's been raining almost non-stop for five days. I have so much to do that's been postponed because of this!

The small brooder coop is full of eight-week-olds right now, too...

Unfortunately, the set-up right now is less than optimal. They're in a temporary coop until the permanent one can be built. And that's not coming along very quickly due to weather.

It's been raining almost non-stop for five days. I have so much to do that's been postponed because of this!

The small brooder coop is full of eight-week-olds right now, too...

Oh that Canadian weather.....hope you can finish it soon enough. Maybe put each hen in a kennel-type setup?

Back
Top Bottom