non walking chicken

She still does this wing hop thing to get around when she really needs to. :(
I think she is getting depressed. I try to move her around and have been putting electrolyte additives in her water. She is got getting much bigger like her sister. I don't know what to do... any suggestions wrlcome.

This is me n all the kids enjoying the sunset. Chicken little is in the coop. (not shown)

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington! BYC is the best fowl website you can find.
woot.gif
I hope you feel glad you signed up! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

frow.gif

By the way, not saying that you will do anything bad, but no fowl play
big_smile.png

Good luck and keep us updated!

Last edited:

This is chicken little. She doesnt get around much at all so I set This up for her so she can get out of the coop n still feel protected. I am newly concerned that her comb and face skin is turning white or at leasr a very light pink. She is such a dear sweet little thing.much smaller than her sister. They were all yellow fluffs in may. When should I expect eggs??? Havnt seen any yet.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about Chicken Little--hopefully she eventually recovers. The paling of her face may be due to her not receiving enough sunlight or being immature.

As for egg production, how old are your hens? Most chickens begin laying at 18-22 weeks of age. Chicken Little may be delayed a little by her condition.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to tell all of you Chicken Little has passed away. She was in her big coop when a dog got in and killed her.she was my favorite.I have planted a rhododendron over her grave. She will always be in the sun now as her grave is in alignment with the path of the sun in the yard.

I'm so sorry to hear that!
hugs.gif
You gave her the best life possible, considering the circumstances. I'm sure she was happy.

Back
Top Bottom