North Carolina

To all the newbies--
welcome-byc.gif

fireantz- pretty birds, you're going to make me keep wanting more!!!

wildriver- thanks for the link, I joined the thread. Some people are hatching like 400 eggs at a time, makes me feel a lot better about my addiction being under control haha
wink.png

skitzle-- I'll take some pics of them this morning, they're super cute
big_smile.png

Good morning everyone.. still looking for a home for a Turken[Naked Neck] Rooster, This is a rare breed and cannot live at our church with heavy road work heading that way. He is in Burnsville, and I will get him for you. He looks to be in good health other than he's molting but so are mine this time of year.

Good morning everyone.. still looking for a home for a Turken[Naked Neck] Rooster, This is a rare breed and cannot live at our church  with heavy road work heading that way. He is in Burnsville, and I will get him for you. He looks to be in good health other than he's molting but so are mine this time of year.

I'm maxed out, but not only that, I live 6 1/2 hrs away! I wish I could take him :(

Hope you find him a good home

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.. still looking for a home for a Turken[Naked Neck] Rooster, This is a rare breed and cannot live at our church with heavy road work heading that way. He is in Burnsville, and I will get him for you. He looks to be in good health other than he's molting but so are mine this time of year.

Someone was on here looking for a Turken the other day, I can't remember who. Not sure if it mattered if it was male or female...

Awe...if I didn't live so far and had a quarantine pen available, I'd take him...just to SCARE the pants off my hubby!! LOL. He has said NO to all the "unique" looking birds - what a bubble burster! I do hope you find a home for him soon!!
fl.gif

On a chicken note: our FR are doing well. I swear they are getting HUGE day by day!! Finally convinced DH to try Fermenting their feed (we were having to water them almost 4 times a day they were drinking so much) and boy oh boy do they LOVE it!! DH isn't fond of the smell - the bucket is right next to the door - but loves that with 44 chicks we are feeding about 1/2 of what we were feeding before with NO waste and only rarely anything left over!! I can't wait to try this with our layers AND ducks - I would love to not have watery/smelly duck poo all over my deck!!
lau.gif

Today is going to be a day...spending most of it outside in the garden pulling weeds - I haven't weeded since the week before I gave birth...oops!!
hide.gif
I'm hoping to get in some fall crops by tomorrow
fl.gif
We'll see how good my "helpers" are and how much I can get done with nursing every 2 hours!! LOL.

Have a great day everyone!! Bring on the cooler fall weather!!

Ffer
Awe...if I didn't live so far and had a quarantine pen available, I'd take him...just to SCARE the pants off my hubby!! LOL. He has said NO to all the "unique" looking birds - what a bubble burster! I do hope you find a home for him soon!! :fl On a chicken note: our FR are doing well. I swear they are getting HUGE day by day!! Finally convinced DH to try Fermenting their feed (we were having to water them almost 4 times a day they were drinking so much) and boy oh boy do they LOVE it!! DH isn't fond of the smell - the bucket is right next to the door - but loves that with 44 chicks we are feeding about 1/2 of what we were feeding before with NO waste and only rarely anything left over!! I can't wait to try this with our layers AND ducks - I would love to not have watery/smelly duck poo all over my deck!! :lau Today is going to be a day...spending most of it outside in the garden pulling weeds - I haven't weeded since the week before I gave birth...oops!! :oops: I'm hoping to get in some fall crops by tomorrow
fl.gif
We'll see how good my "helpers" are and how much I can get done with nursing every 2 hours!! LOL. Have a great day everyone!! Bring on the cooler fall weather!!
Fermented feed is the best! No waste and lasts so much longer. I can barely remember the last time I bought feed!

How do you ferment feed? I have heard several people talk about it, but not really ever figured out how to do it.

I went to let everyone out this morning, and I have 3 fluffies and a pip under my broody! I am so excited! They are out of my Buff Cochin Rooster and a Buff cochin hen that the dogs killed a couple of weeks ago, so it is nice to have the bloodline continued.

Here is a picture of my rooster that was killed. The hen in the background was also killed and is actually the mama to the chicks. The hen that is sitting had actually quit laying by the time I put eggs under her.

On another note: Is there anyone near Surry county that has BC Marans or Welsemmers? I am wanting to add some dark layers to my flock. I would also like some EE's.

How do you ferment feed? I have heard several people talk about it, but not really ever figured out how to do it.

I went to let everyone out this morning, and I have 3 fluffies and a pip under my broody! I am so excited! They are out of my Buff Cochin Rooster and a Buff cochin hen that the dogs killed a couple of weeks ago, so it is nice to have the bloodline continued.

Here is a picture of my rooster that was killed. The hen in the background was also killed and is actually the mama to the chicks. The hen that is sitting had actually quit laying by the time I put eggs under her.

On another note: Is there anyone near Surry county that has BC Marans or Welsemmers? I am wanting to add some dark layers to my flock. I would also like some EE's.

Back
Top Bottom