North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I had a mini get together, (by accident) yesterday. I saw there was a moving sale one town over, and decided to drop by. The lady running it was a chicken lady, who I thought moved 1 hr way, but had moved back and in town, (wasn't allowed chickens in town) so she was moving again. We were visiting talking chickens and another guy showed up, he had one of my roosters (still) and was singing its praises. pic below if what he had gotten from me. So of course he was happy!

Last edited:
I had a mini get together, (by accident) yesterday. I saw there was a moving sale one town over, and decided to drop by. The lady running it was a chicken lady, who I thought moved 1 hr way, but had moved back and in town, (wasn't allowed chickens in town) so she was moving again. We were visiting talking chickens and another guy showed up, he had one of my roosters (still) and was singing its praises. pic below if what he had gotten from me. So of course he was happy!
Pretty birdie! That's funny!

One of these days you will make it over to us for a get together!

how was the show? Any cool purchases?

I really can't wait until my work contract is up (the 29th is my last day) then I'll be working with hubby and staying home with the kids again (and able too actually work on my chicken stuff).
This weekend has been crazy with laundry and cleaning. I'm finally able to go outside and work and have been cleaning the quail pen. After that, I need to make new feeders for my breeding pens, put a door on the white Ameraucana side... The list is bigger, but that's about all I can hope to accomplish today. But let's be real, I might be able to do one or a few of those things done, but I terribly doubt I'll get to all of it.

Someday, "the list" will be done (ya right)

Well, I haven't gotten an egg from Bonnie in a few days... Which means she's getting ready to go into hiding (she's the one I brought to the chicken meet yesterday...and also lays eggs in the walls). I'm going to put her with the silver grey dilkie tonight before she has a chance to disappear.
I was thinking I'd let them do everything natural, mating, let my little broody hen brood, etc. Does anyone have any advice. Do I need to worry about the dad after the babies are born?

This hen I had named "Jimmy" thinking it was a roo, when I figured out she was a hen I named her "Jem" she just lad her first egg.

She is a maran/frizzle mix, but not a Greyslyn egg layer.

Well Crap.

I was taking my eggs out of the incubator and putting them in still trays so I could take my turner out and add some rails to it, and totally flipped one of the cartons on the floor
hit.gif
Lost 2 D'uccle eggs and 1 Lavender cuckoo D'anvers eggs (the expensive, only rec'd 6)

So stupid.

Back
Top Bottom