North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I believe that this is a Wellsummer chick.

This last one has a brown head and grayish black body.
Whew... that took a long time to post. Any hints at sex?
Please, please be pullets!

It's hard to tell on the welsummer baby... Can you get a better shot of the side of the face? In one picture it looks like a girl, but in another it looks like a boy. The girls have more defined eyeliner. The rest... No clue! And if it's a boy and you need to get rid of him, I would always take him back. I want a wellie roo I can show, and both of mine decided that fighting with Blackie and having chunks taken out of their wattles was more important...

we had one boy and one girl. My husband found some feathers while mowing the back 40 this weekend, we also saw a bald eagle flying around lately so we are think him or the barn owl. We are super sad cuz we were holding out hope they would return. It is just wierd that both are gone.
it is so sad when we dont know what happened to our missing pets. all we can do is speculate and then hope for the best outcome.
i really hope they come back. what color were the feathers that Preston found? were they the color of your ducks?? i hope not. How is Mason taking this? I hope he is not too sad. I will keep hoping for the best outcome.

Are BCM cockrels usually agressive? Does anyone here know the answer to this. or is it just different for each chicken? depends on how many roosters & hens in a flock also, correct?

here is what is going on with my coop... above a blue isbar roo I just got from a friend...below is a momma hen with not her chicks but frizzles, I gave them to her at 2 weeks...just the roosters, I didn't want her to blow it with pullets...

a broody hen, below, I had to give chicks to the above hen so she would leave this broody alone...I also have one more sitting broody...

below is anothe mom pic...

2 more rooster...below.

Ok, so when these two (white and red) were chicks, I asked if any one here knew what breed they were. I'm now curious if you could tell a little better because they're older. They were "supposed" to be cochins. I have a cochin and I now know they are definitely NOT. They may just be a backyard mix, but I highly doubt it. Because they were purchased from a hatchery. Maybe just the wrong type of chick? Any ideas? I would love to get together again. I remember someone mentioning the 30th. Does that still work?
Very pretty!

THE EGGS HAVE ARRIVED!! I will be setting them in the morning. Everyone cross your fingers, toes, eyeballs and whatever you can for a great hatch!
I hope you have a super hatch! My shipped eggs always did best if I let them sit for 36 hours. I hope these ones do well too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom