North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I have been wanting to make one. It cost about $200.00. I am wanting to process about 50 to 100 meat birds for myself and my daughters family. I think that my son and son in law would be willing to help. My hubby might as long as he does not have to remove the guts. He was made to do it as a kid by the 100's and just refuses now. I don't blame him. I feel the same way about plucking. That smell never leaves your mind. Soooo if anyone else is willing to go in on it we can discuss it on Saturday.

Something good to consider between now and then

I've got a sick bird in the house. She is having a very difficult time walking. She has been found twice on her back or side and cannot get up. She is eating and drinking, her poop is solid with no blood. She does have damage to the inside of one wing, but I think she did that to herself when she tried to get up and caught her claw in it. I am going to treat for cocci tmr. just in case. She seems to rally then get bad again. any ideas?

Is anyone hatching chicks that will lay a white egg, that will be for sell? I think that is the last color I am looking for.

I have fertile eggs from a blue andalusion and my OE boy. Chicks could lay blue, white, brown or green. I'll be selling her when my bieles are bigger.

I have fertile eggs from a blue andalusion and my OE boy. Chicks could lay blue, white, brown or green. I'll be selling her when my bieles are bigger.
I have some white leghorn under a marans in the bator right now but I am trying for a for sure white egg for my basket. They have some wl and some ancona at north 40 if it all works out I might be able to make it there before they sell out

I have some white leghorn under a marans in the bator right now but I am trying for a for sure white egg for my basket. They have some wl and some ancona at north 40 if it all works out I might be able to make it there before they sell out

The north 40 in the valley doesn't sell out as fast. I drive by there daily for work. Want me to pick you up something and bring it tomorrow to the chicken meet?

The north 40 in the valley doesn't sell out as fast. I drive by there daily for work. Want me to pick you up something and bring it tomorrow to the chicken meet?
that's so nice of you. My husband has to go right past there for a breakfast meeting this morning and then the house he is working on today is right down the road from home so he said he will try to swing in on his way through.

Last edited:
Chicken meet?! Is this open to the public?? Where is it taking place and when?
Definately! Well, as long as you have an interest in chickens
wink.png

Pizza Factory, Post Falls, 3:00pm tomorrow (3/19/16)

Last edited:
that's so nice of you. My husband has to go right past there for a breakfast meeting this morning and then the house he is working on today is right down the road from home so he said he will try to swing in on his way through.
Ok, well lemme know. I'm off at 5pm. So if you don't have some by then, I still can.

Back
Top Bottom