North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I just lost Gen 1, she was not yet 1, and a "Greyslyn." she is the daughter of my avatar. She was not molting, she lost feathers from being mated and picked on, but she still was laying her eggs. she fell into a water bucket, that she could stand in, the water was not high, but cold. when she could not get out she froze. I forgot I used to keep a rock in the bucket, for just such an emergency.
:Hugs I'm sorry.

Thanks, it is shocking when a hen you have not prepare yourself for dies, I also is sad because I had big plans for her, mostly with Greyslyn eggs.

Thanks, it is shocking when a hen you have not prepare yourself for dies, I also is sad because I had big plans for her, mostly with Greyslyn eggs.
So sorry
hugs.gif

There is someone here at the hospital looking for a good home for a rooster. I don't have much information on him other than he is a year old. He isn't aggressive but the owner lives in the city limits and cannot keep him. Can anyone take him or know of someone who can?

I just lost Gen 1, she was not yet 1, and a "Greyslyn."

she is the daughter of my avatar.
She was not molting, she lost feathers from being mated and picked on, but she still was laying her eggs.
she fell into a water bucket, that she could stand in, the water was not high, but cold. when she could not get out she froze. I forgot I used to keep a rock in the bucket, for just such an emergency.
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear of this! I think my survivor might be a roo. If it is I will breed him back to my olive egger babies to see if we can keep up the grey egg genes.

Back
Top Bottom