North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Good morning everyone
1f44b-1f3fc.png
1f44b-1f3fc.png
I'm in the spirit lake area and since my roo a Pepper passed its going on a month ..my hens aren't fertile egg layers anymore ,and I'm bummed out. So I thought I'd try my hand at finding a gentlemanly rooster for sale /trade/free (but no meanies) :D
Also I would just love to have a local group to connect with here and ...yup. I thank you very much for reading and pleas let me know if you got what I need and I may possibly have something you need :)
Have a wonderful rainy day

I've seen a tent set up that was as luxurious as a fine hotel room. It just depends on how much space you want and how much stuff you are willing to bring. The tent was one of those wall tents and had a full size queen bed including the frame and regular plush bedding. Also rugs and a table and chairs.. There are some really nice pull trailers and 5th wheels out there too. I would consider all that glamping in a park with hook-ups and all. 
are you selling any fluff butts? Or possibly could I buy fertile eggs .....?
1f917.png

Here are the roos I have to give someone...below an orange and gray frizzle, olive egger genes...(not a direct greyslyn but related)

below is a pure brahma bantam

below is an Isbar mix, may also have some greyslyn but this one I don't know.He is a rare blue "barred" roo

the above guy came from this egg..

The greyslyn breed is chickens that I am working on...that lay a gray egg. 2 hens in existence.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone
1f44b-1f3fc.png
1f44b-1f3fc.png
I'm in the spirit lake area and since my roo a Pepper passed its going on a month ..my hens aren't fertile egg layers anymore ,and I'm bummed out. So I thought I'd try my hand at finding a gentlemanly rooster for sale /trade/free (but no meanies) :D
Also I would just love to have a local group to connect with here and ...yup. I thank you very much for reading and pleas let me know if you got what I need and I may possibly have something you need :)

I have a few white bantam roosters, a silky (50%)/black sex link(25%)/bantam mixed breed(25%) rooster (has all sorts of barring and pretty colors with a black base), and an Appenzeller rooster. All free of course. Had more earlier this year, but we've been trying to keep up on butchering.

WE HAVE FERTILITY!!! The Isbar pair that I have are a fertile couple. I have eggs in the bator that are a week into incubation showing signs of growth! Two of the Bielefelder eggs are promising. I just set a few more of each so we will see how it goes.

I just put 17 out of 18 Silkied Ameracuana eggs into lockdown. I am sure I saw several internal pips! Come on BABIES!!

Since it is summer I think that trying to get together is creating a challenge. I am still up for a meeting though. Anyone else still wanting to have a potluck in a park somewhere??
Come on babies indeed! I would love a potluck, at this point I'm mostly free anytime. I'll just have the kids with me. I think I have 4 Blue Wheaten pullets, I've got 6 males.

Good morning everyone
1f44b-1f3fc.png
1f44b-1f3fc.png
I'm in the spirit lake area and since my roo a Pepper passed its going on a month ..my hens aren't fertile egg layers anymore ,and I'm bummed out. So I thought I'd try my hand at finding a gentlemanly rooster for sale /trade/free (but no meanies)
big_smile.png

Also I would just love to have a local group to connect with here and ...yup. I thank you very much for reading and pleas let me know if you got what I need and I may possibly have something you need
smile.png

I have Lots of boys to choose from, Bielefelder boys (2) and Ameraucana boys (12) Of varying ages, the Bieles are 18 weeks, the others are outside and range from 6 to 14 weeks.

are you selling any fluff butts? Or possibly could I buy fertile eggs .....?
1f917.png

Good morning and welcome to our thread. We are a pretty chatty group and have meetings when we can. There are several from up here in the area. We are trying to plan a potluck in the park right now. Lots of people are busy this time of year

I have lots of roosters, but i am fighting illness right now so anyone from outside is on hold until I get a necropsy and tests done next week at WSU. The babies hatched in the house should be ok, but it could be a risk. I am just not comfortable with selling even eggs at this time. Certain respiratory illness can be transferred to eggs. It all hangs on what we find next week.

Last edited:

I will have to see on this chick, I thought it was a pure Isbar but it might be one of my greyslyn eggs I slipped in with the nest and forgot, the wings look like they are coming in frizzle, I should know in a few days. she will make 3 greyslyn for me if it is frizzle. all my greyslyn are this beautiful blue.

Last edited:
@CyndiD
 Your birds have pretty coloration. I haven't done any mixing of varieties.  Are you able to let them free range?  I let  free range  a select few birds out when I am out. Otherwise I can't.  Our house is in the middle of a cornfield and the I hear coyotes and other pests (neighbor dogs).  As far as our set-up goes, I like today but could use a pen or more. My husband says he isn't making anymore.  But we all know our winters are long and he does have a shop that he builds things in. lol

I don't know about the rest of you but it is darn hard to get away for the weekend with all of the chickens and other animals.  I need to take a break from work and do an overnight somewhere. I can get my daughter to take care of the farm for a couple of days. Anyone know of somewhere fun with outside activities (not camping unless glamping) that is in our area of Eastern WA, North Idaho or even Western Montana? 
Hi... i am so sorry i missed your post to me... i thought i had been cking in on this thread? i missed yours.
I did not hatch the SGD or the SGD/WAM mix.i bought them from a BYC member. i have 2 and not sure if they are pullets or cockrels yet. it is funny how the 1st one has the body type like the SGD and the other one has the body type like the AM.
Yes all my chickens & ducks free-range right now. but we are building more chicken coops and a day pen, so i will be able to keep breeds seperate and let them free-range seperately. you mentioned coyotes, we have them nearby also and i have been nervous since my chickens like to roam pretty far from home and we have lots of brush and pine forest they can forage into and get eaten by coyotes during the day... i have seen the coyotes out during the day, lately, yikes!!
My dh will probably not make me any more coops either, cuz that would mean more birds and i have about 40 chicks & chickens, total #.
Take care...

@Saris Hi, i have you on my calendar for getting back w/you on your Wheatens... do you know which ones you want to sell? are they AM's i noticed you have white AM's also, correct? do you have any for sale?
thanks

Hi... i am so sorry i missed your post to me... i thought i had been cking in on this thread? i missed yours.
I did not hatch the SGD or the SGD/WAM mix.i bought them from a BYC member. i have 2 and not sure if they are pullets or cockrels yet. it is funny how the 1st one has the body type like the SGD and the other one has the body type like the AM.
Yes all my chickens & ducks free-range right now. but we are building more chicken coops and a day pen, so i will be able to keep breeds seperate and let them free-range seperately. you mentioned coyotes, we have them nearby also and i have been nervous since my chickens like to roam pretty far from home and we have lots of brush and pine forest they can forage into and get eaten by coyotes during the day... i have seen the coyotes out during the day, lately, yikes!!
My dh will probably not make me any more coops either, cuz that would mean more birds and i have about 40 chicks & chickens, total #.
Take care...

@Saris Hi, i have you on my calendar for getting back w/you on your Wheatens... do you know which ones you want to sell? are they AM's i noticed you have white AM's also, correct? do you have any for sale?
thanks

I have 3 Wheaten males available and possibly a splash wheaten and a blue wheaten available. I know @country lovin has dibs on one blue wheaten boy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom