North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I hatched out some baby SS/BCM

then went to North 40 for 4 babies to keep'm company... I got...
one golden sebright

one bantam amercauna

a silky mix w/5 toes per foot

one bantam buff cochin.

Last edited:

I know! she was the boss of the whole chick pen I chose her from. (5,000 sebrights world wide ) and there was only one other sebright. but she was more winged so I thought it was a girl. Backyard poultry magazine has an article about sebrights too! I want to breed her with a blue of some sort and get "blue laced"

Leigti...Speckled sussex and Black copper maran (not pictured) they needed to get their sea legs before I combined hatchlings with store chicks,
but they are all getting along well.

Last edited:
some bird pics to see

I have a bunch of blue isbars, here are 2 young ones... and a red sexlink.I was playing dress up with these guys on Halloween when they were chicks.

This is blue bell, she is lighter than in her pic she is a lovely bird, part LO and part Cochin and maybe a bit of Blue isbar tossed in. She looks like a blue orpington, maybe a tad smaller.

I will get pics up later but my order of ducklings from metzer farms arrived this morning. Real happy with my order. Sent monday and arrived today like they were supposed to. I ordered 10- and exactly what i ordered is what arrived. And extremely active and healthy looking so far. Ate and drank like crazy. And finally settled down after about an hour.
I will be sure to get up a good pic. They are adorable.
Crazy how fast they grow. They are with 1 week old khaki campbells who now seem to look giant haha

Last edited:
@Ducks4us

Oy you've got your hands full with the ducklings! They're going to get wet and stinky fast now! But I do love my Duckies! My husband says no ducklings until late spring because he doesn't want to keep them in the garage in the brooder for very long because of the wet and stinky.

@Ducks4us

Oy you've got your hands full with the ducklings! They're going to get wet and stinky fast now! But I do love my Duckies! My husband says no ducklings until late spring because he doesn't want to keep them in the garage in the brooder for very long because of the wet and stinky.

I know! Its gonna be crazy. The most i had last spring at one time was 8 and it was horrible! Lol
But i wanted them all at the same time so they are all the same age and size. No introductions later on.
They prob wont last more than another week inside. Then to the outside brooder they will go!
As messy as they are its good they grow up so fast :)

Back
Top Bottom