Northern California Quail Fanciers

Hello new friend!

A whole bunch of us are going to have some available in the next 4-6 weeks, but I think we're all at sort of our yearly population low point at the moment due to varying reasons (first starting out, or pared down for vacations or full on house moves). Personally I have extra fancy dudes available at the moment but I'm down to just 10 hens total myself (though I am starting a hatch this week so might have some in a few). I know there are a few breeders with jumbo/a&m/italian/white/tibetan stock around the Stockton and foothills areas with ads on CL, but if you're looking for something more specialized or from a BYC local breeder keep checking back here. We'll all post when we have something!

Thank you for your reply. I dont have a specific in mind, we want them mostly for eggs so kinda the best layer I can get. I am happy to wait even. I just want to get them from someone reputable. I'll try to keep an eye out on here when sone are available. Thank you again
I'm getting a batch of eggs in another week or so. We'll see what hatches if you're still interested then.

They require a permit, so I
Did they say anything about hollow eggs? That have had the yolk and white removed to use the shell in crafts?
They didn't say anything about that, but I'm guessing that since there's no possible way those are for human consumption, (okay, there are, but not that a normal person would do) you shouldn't need an egg handler's license for that.

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. The cdfa people said ALL shell egg sellers/traders/barterers/etc have to register and follow the guidelines.
... so I was back on their site again to go see about how to register... and was reading through all the Q&A... and I’m still reading it that no registration is required if the eggs are not for human consumption... reptiles only... so I am just confused... I put in a message to them to confirm and how eggs should be properly marked to identify them as such. ‍♀️

... so I was back on their site again to go see about how to register... and was reading through all the Q&A... and I’m still reading it that no registration is required if the eggs are not for human consumption... reptiles only... so I am just confused... I put in a message to them to confirm and how eggs should be properly marked to identify them as such. ‍♀️
The man who has been dealing with the poultry side of California food and drug administration is the one who said all shell eggs being traded sold donated etc have to register. It's about tracking where eggs go and where they come from I think. Unless he misunderstood me the 4 times I repeated the question

Back
Top Bottom