Not growing or stretching neck

cmccullough1390

Songster
Jun 28, 2016
Humboldt county, California
I have a 5 week old partridge Cochin who is half the size of her hatchmate. She's drinking but won't eat except I got her to eat lemon cucumber. She's holding her neck in tight and won't stretch it out to eat or drink. I've been giving her poly vi sol and trying to get her to eat but she has little energy

can you get a picture of her poop?
is she puffed up, feathers ragged looking?
picture of chick would help too

can you get a picture of her poop?
is she puffed up, feathers ragged looking?
picture of chick would help too
She is puffed up her poop is liquid clear with some white sometimes it's slightly yellow here's a pic of her with her hatchmate

I'll get some individuals

None they were treated for coci about 2 weeks ago as well as upper respiratory because some of our older chickens were showing symptoms and we treated everyone just in case
the way she's hunched makes me think cocci, there are different strains of cocci that affect different parts of the digestive tract therefore no blood may be seen
hang on

Last edited:
None they were treated for coci about 2 weeks ago as well as upper respiratory because some of our older chickens were showing symptoms and we treated everyone just in case
What type of respiratory illness did the other chickens have?
Is she eating? What type of food/treats do you give?
Do you provide grit if you feed anything else besides chick starter?
Did you use Corid for the cocci ?
What treatment did you use for the respiratory?
Is her crop full, hard, soft, empty, squishy?
Is she showing any signs of respiratory - coughing sneezing, etc.?

I agree with @DwayneNLiz the hunched up appearance looks like cocci. Not all cocci will present with bloody poop. Corid is mild so it won't hurt to treat her.

Back
Top Bottom