Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I'll play the Roo or Pullet game...

2 black australorps at about 6 weeks

a4f926a0e37ea8366d65a0de001fb214.jpg

One in back has larger comb, but it's still very pale. (Boys get pink about 4-6 wks) I think both are pullets

So Im pretty sure i hatched 4 roosters and im a little bummed but anyway this is Lody my RIR(rooster) cross and its either BA(hen) or BR if BR then its obviously a hen since it has the black feathering but anyways here he is

I have to add that he is very very sweet and flies up and sits in my lap, none of the others do that. they hatched march 21st so exactly 1 month today. theyre all pretty high energy and do a lot of fighting(hackles raised and jumping and all), which makes me suspect males even more.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have broody raised chicks, so it's kind of hard to get decent pics. Mama is always in the way!!!
They are EE mixes.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Any help appreciated

Can anyone guess the sex on any of these chicks?

Last edited:
So Im pretty sure i hatched 4 roosters and im a little bummed but anyway this is Lody my RIR(rooster) cross and its either BA(hen) or BR if BR then its obviously a hen since it has the black feathering but anyways here he is

I have to add that he is very very sweet and flies up and sits in my lap, none of the others do that. they hatched march 21st so exactly 1 month today. theyre all pretty high energy and do a lot of fighting(hackles raised and jumping and all), which makes me suspect males even more.
If the Australorp is the mother, the undersides of the feet will be white. If the Barred Rock is the mother, the underside of the feet will be yellow.

Back
Top Bottom