Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Can anyone tell me what gender my chicks are? They are 4-5 weeks old, a couple of days apart, and yes, I am pretty sure that the barred plymouth rock chick is a roo. Any input is appreciated!

Chick 1: Silver Laced Wyandotte

Chick 2: RIR

Chick 3: RIR

Chick 4: Barred Plymouth Rock

Chick 5: Golden Laced Wyandotte

Can anyone tell me what gender my chicks are? They are 4-5 weeks old, a couple of days apart, and yes, I am pretty sure that the barred plymouth rock chick is a roo. Any input is appreciated! Chick 1: Silver Laced Wyandotte Chick 2: RIR Chick 3: RIR Chick 4: Barred Plymouth Rock Chick 5: Golden Laced Wyandotte
Barred is definitely male. Others are too young.

I cant tell

I'm sorry but this picture made me laugh so hard and so suddenly that I startled my dog!

Can anyone tell me what gender my chicks are? They are 4-5 weeks old, a couple of days apart, and yes, I am pretty sure that the barred plymouth rock chick is a roo. Any input is appreciated! Chick 1: Silver Laced Wyandotte Chick 2: RIR Chick 3: RIR Chick 4: Barred Plymouth Rock Chick 5: Golden Laced Wyandotte
The top pic does not look like a Silver laced wyandotte, and too young to tell the gender on him/her. The barred rock is a rooster, the rest all look like pullets.

Chickadee,
My SLW looked the same at that age. I know it may not look like a SLW, however it may be hatchery stock SLW.
In regards to sex, I have no clue.

Here she is before

Here she is now:

Last edited:
4 1/2 week old BLRW... getting rid of them in 2 days and keeping one (praying it's a pullet as my favorite one ended up being a roo after being almost certain is was a pullet) so this is my next choice! Let me know :) thank you!

This one has had me guessing for a while. I'm hoping it's a pullet because I don't want to have to give it away. It's a little standoffish, but I got a decent picture. Thank you for the help! It is a 7 week old barred rock. It has female barring and dark legs, but a red comb

Same with this one

And just for reference this is my male from the same bunch beside one that I'm questioning

Anyone have any ideas? I think my post got a bit lost. Thank you!

Anyone have any ideas? I think my post got a bit lost. Thank you!
I see what you mean. From a distance, I'd say pullet b/c of the feathering. Strange that she'd have the pinkish wattles/comb, though. Did she have a nice compact, female-looking head spot as a chick?

I think you didn't get many replies, b/c it's a really tough one. I'm leaning slightly toward pullet for the 1st pic, but I could be wrong. The 2nd pic looks more "iffy," but hopefully she'll stay looking more like a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom