November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Set the last batch of eggs today. 14 buff Brahma and 2 Silkie. Pulled 5 from the first batch set last week (2 scrambled yolks, 2 clear and a blood ring). Hatch will be staggered in 3 batches over a weeks time

Tomorrow's day ten for my first set of eggs which is when I candle and toss, and I'm gonna have some to toss, I'm sure. Still, I know at least five are chugging along, and that's not bad out of eleven shipped eggs that were delayed at the PO and then missent, delayed some more, and arrived many days late.

Tomorrow's day ten for my first set of eggs which is when I candle and toss, and I'm gonna have some to toss, I'm sure. Still, I know at least five are chugging along, and that's not bad out of eleven shipped eggs that were delayed at the PO and then missent, delayed some more, and arrived many days late.

Good luck on your eggs. I will private message you about pricing and what not on the duck eggs for spring. Your girl is so pretty! Do many if her offspring look similar?

well I have an order for 6 guinea keets but it appears that mating season has wound down in the guinea world...looks like 1 out of 6 eggs is fertile...oh well my sex links eggs are going and I want those chickies for me!
love.gif

on a sad note!! **** raccoon

Good luck on your eggs. I will private message you about pricing and what not on the duck eggs for spring. Your girl is so pretty! Do many if her offspring look similar?

Oh yes. She actually throws the prettiest girls, so that's why I'm incubating a couple of her eggs to add some more girls like her to my flock. Although the rest of the flock is really pretty too - I can send you pictures when you pm me :)

Can anyone tell me or make an educated guess to what a bird would look like crossing a BCM roo and a solid white EE hen???

Just candled and out of 9 only 5 were fertile. Bummer

Can anyone tell me or make an educated guess to what a bird would look like crossing a BCM roo and a solid white EE hen???

Just candled and out of 9 only 5 were fertile. Bummer

have you put it in your search engine? I do that...
I think it's that time of year...not all of my girls eggs are fertile this time...I'm throwing out more than are fertile and a few months ago if I put one of my homegrowns eggs in to incubate it hatched!

have you put it in your search engine? I do that...
I think it's that time of year...not all of my girls eggs are fertile this time...I'm throwing out more than are fertile and a few months ago if I put one of my homegrowns eggs in to incubate it hatched!
I googled it!!!! LOL. Nothing came up tho:(

UGGGH! I made my little confused henny-hen he own "suite" so that she would not be able to get confused as to which eggs to sit on. Well, apparently she did not like this. She somehow escaped and was sitting on NOTHING...AGAIN! So needless to say, her eggs went 6-7 hours with no heat today. It was not very warm out, I would say 70's tops She was on them at 7am, my fiance said she was not on them at 10am. I put her back on them a little bit ago, 4:30ish. Today is day five. Should I pitch them, or wait it out? I will probably candle on Sunday and see what they look like. Im so mad! I work so hard to help her- but she keeps getting back into the WRONG box!!
th.gif
I work midnights so my days are spent sleeping and I cannot keep as close of an eye on her...
fl.gif
Please tell me those eggs will be alright
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom