November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

UGGGH! I made my little confused henny-hen he own "suite" so that she would not be able to get confused as to which eggs to sit on. Well, apparently she did not like this. She somehow escaped and was sitting on NOTHING...AGAIN! So needless to say, her eggs went 6-7 hours with no heat today. It was not very warm out, I would say 70's tops She was on them at 7am, my fiance said she was not on them at 10am. I put her back on them a little bit ago, 4:30ish. Today is day five. Should I pitch them, or wait it out? I will probably candle on Sunday and see what they look like. Im so mad! I work so hard to help her- but she keeps getting back into the WRONG box!!
th.gif
I work midnights so my days are spent sleeping and I cannot keep as close of an eye on her...
fl.gif
Please tell me those eggs will be alright
fl.gif

Likely they are fine
big_smile.png

We worry about all this stuff and forget to trust the hen
She will know after a bit if the eggs are not good.

Looks like I'm joining the October hatch along.

My very first hatch was in the beginning of September. 9 mixed ducks and 3 mixed chickens 100% hatch rate :) sadly I ended up losing the smallest little duck a few days after hatch. He just didn't seem to grow at all.

I couldn't stay away from my incubator so I ordered 30 Texas a&m quail eggs that will be here tomorrow. So excited this is my first time getting eggs from someone else, buying eggs and getting shipped ones. Hoping they survive the trip alright and I get at least a few that hatch. I guess only time will tell.

how warm is warm...they would have to get below, I think I remember, 79 degrees to kills the chick
I found eggs my hen was off for a day and they were real cold. But I still put them in the incubator and they hatched. I have done that so many times I can't count. You can candle them and see if there's movement.

well I have an order for 6 guinea keets but it appears that mating season has wound down in the guinea world...looks like 1 out of 6 eggs is fertile...oh well my sex links eggs are going and I want those chickies for me!:love

on a sad note!! **** raccoon

So sorry about the fertility. Glad you have other eggs to fall back on so you still get new babies! :) And VERY sorry about the raccoon thing...no fun at all!

Day 13 here and all 11 of my d'Uccle eggs and 1 bantam Sussex egg are developing well.

Glad to be reading everyone's stories and am excited that so many of you have joined in with me on the fun.

happy hatching everyone

Back
Top Bottom