November hatch along

Pics
Here are the four that hatched overnight and this morning:
20181109_160344.jpg

Hi All! This is my first hatch since I was a kid. I have some quail going and I am just setting up a second incubator with some shipped Serama eggs. I know, risky business, but I have just fallen in love with the breed and desperately want to hatch a few of my own for my son and I to raise. All the info on this site has helped me to feel both more confident and more terrified! After reading and googling, I’m thinking about letting my shipped eggs sit a couple days before I start turning them. Yikes! Anyway, if some of you are still waiting on/starting your November hatches, I’d love to join the fray and maybe we can “hold each others hands” as we wait - extremely nervously and impatiently

Hi All! This is my first hatch since I was a kid. I have some quail going and I am just setting up a second incubator with some shipped Serama eggs. I know, risky business, but I have just fallen in love with the breed and desperately want to hatch a few of my own for my son and I to raise. All the info on this site has helped me to feel both more confident and more terrified! After reading and googling, I’m thinking about letting my shipped eggs sit a couple days before I start turning them. Yikes! Anyway, if some of you are still waiting on/starting your November hatches, I’d love to join the fray and maybe we can “hold each others hands” as we wait - extremely nervously and impatiently
Good luck, it is really hard waiting!! It tests your patience like nothing else, the early days of an incubation are the worst, you start imagining little chicks and how the process will go. And you almost play out out the entire process in your mind and then realise that after all that you're still only on day 2!!!

Well I just set my first eggs in the new incubator after it running for two days and not skipping a beat I decided it was time I have more eggs coming so I’m gonna have a staggered hatch first hatch will be December 1st hoping to have an amazing hatch after my last two failures
Best of luck, I hope you get a successful hatch this time :frow:jumpy

Good luck, it is really hard waiting!! It tests your patience like nothing else, the early days of an incubation are the worst, you start imagining little chicks and how the process will go. And you almost play out out the entire process in your mind and then realise that after all that you're still only on day 2!!!

You are so spot on L1sa!!!! I’m also a very hands on persons so I’m trying my best to just let them be :) thank you!

My last broody hatch ended up a disaster and I'm pretty sure I didn't help matters! I was so eager, I was constantly checking and nosing in!!
I have another going at the mo, they're due to hatch next weekend and I have been very well behaved and restrained this time! And it's gone so much better!!
What have leaned? ... That I'm really not necessary!! Nature does a much better job when I let it do it!

Back
Top Bottom