NPIP ????'s new question :-)

Hmmm now I am wondering if my NPIP cert will allow me to ship chicks and eggs. I told them that I wanted my flock certified and that I wanted to do so, in the event my breeding allowed me to offer eggs or chicks. I am now wondering if I needed to tell them I needed a hatchery certified.

I guess we shall see. Any other Coloradans ship Chicks and what is required.

As long as you are certified, I am sure you can still ship chicks. You need to chick with the State you are shipping to though, if you need a permit. Some States require a special permit and further testing.

pips&peeps :

As long as you are certified, I am sure you can still ship chicks. You need to chick with the State you are shipping to though, if you need a permit. Some States require a special permit and further testing.

thanks that is helpful​

Some of the states that I know of that need permits are:

Minnesota - just fill out some paperwork and they send you the yearly permit

Nebraska - just fill out some paperwork and they send you the yearly permit

Georgia - just fill out some paperwork and they send you the yearly permit

Missouri - just fill out some paperwork and they send you the yearly permit

Texas - you have to get a permit everytime you ship eggs or chicks and must be AI clean

Utah - you must be AI and MS & MG free to ship anything into the State

Virginia - you must be AI and MS & MG free to ship anything into the State

West Virginia - you must be AI and MS & MG free to ship anything into the State

Quote:
The Federal Plan says 10% of the birds you own or a minimum of 30. I would think if you own less they would test them all.

Washington raised the number to 25%.

pips&peeps :

Quote:
The Federal Plan says 10% of the birds you own or a minimum of 30. I would think if you own less they would test them all.

Washington raised the number to 25%.

Arkansas guidelines
Sub-Part E Salmonella Verification Procedures

Year With Incubator in Use No Incubator in Use
1 1. Swab Incubator
2. Blood test 100% of Breeders and 10% of others 1. Blood test 100% of all breeders and 10% of others.
2 1. Swab Incubator
2. Blood test 75% of Breeders and 10% of others 1. Blood tests 100% of all breeders and 10% of others.
3 1. Swab Incubator
2. Blood test 50% of Breeders and 10% of others 1. Blood test 100% of all breeders and 10% of others.
4 1. Swab Incubator
2. Blood test 25% of Breeders and 10% of others 1. Blood test 100% of all breeders and 10% of others.
5 1. Swab Incubator
2. Blood test 10% of others 1. Blood test 100% of all breeders and 10% of others.​

How do you suppose a Federal program ended up with so many different levels of administration. I wonder if it is funded by the Feds, but each state then has the ability to administer as they see fit? I am not whipping up a complaint just asking the question.

I was very impressed here with how promptly and effeciently they handled my testing etc. I also wonder if our University which has a good vet program kicks in a bit as well. These folks all work out of the CSU office.

Back
Top Bottom