Nurture Right 360 Incubator Okay?

Pics
**WARNING**
We bought this incubator from Tractor Supply last month. It was our first hatch. I was very happy with it throughout incubation. 7 out of 8 of our eggs hatched. While the chicks were drying off and fluffing up they kept sticking their heads up into the fan box. The guard squares are not small enough. One of our chicks had her beak sliced halfway through by the fan! It bled and scabbed but thankfully she seemed ok. She's 1.5 weeks old now and is able to eat and drink fine, her beak is still healing and we're crossing our fingers she will be ok as she grows.

I spoke to the owner of Harris Farms, the makers of the incubator. He was genuinely apologetic and said they would be changing the mold for the fan guard.

I just want everyone here who has eggs currently set to be aware of this! I would suggest maybe pulling out each chick as they hatch to dry off somewhere else. Just make sure the humidity is at least in the 70s so the remaining chicks don't get shrink wrapped. We looked at the fan after all chicks were removed and if it's powerful enough to slice through a beak it could possibly decapitate or seriously injure a chick!

Attachments

• IMG_9863.JPG
    IMG_9863.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 191
Thank you for this warning!!! it seems the turner in my incubator isnt very dependable it keeps moving up off the post and then it doesnt turn

**WARNING**
We bought this incubator from Tractor Supply last month. It was our first hatch. I was very happy with it throughout incubation. 7 out of 8 of our eggs hatched. While the chicks were drying off and fluffing up they kept sticking their heads up into the fan box. The guard squares are not small enough. One of our chicks had her beak sliced halfway through by the fan! It bled and scabbed but thankfully she seemed ok. She's 1.5 weeks old now and is able to eat and drink fine, her beak is still healing and we're crossing our fingers she will be ok as she grows.

I spoke to the owner of Harris Farms, the makers of the incubator. He was genuinely apologetic and said they would be changing the mold for the fan guard.

I just want everyone here who has eggs currently set to be aware of this! I would suggest maybe pulling out each chick as they hatch to dry off somewhere else. Just make sure the humidity is at least in the 70s so the remaining chicks don't get shrink wrapped. We looked at the fan after all chicks were removed and if it's powerful enough to slice through a beak it could possibly decapitate or seriously injure a chick!

This happened to me as well. :( Mine are fine BUT this is a huge issue for me.

I’m having an issue keeping humidity 50-55%. Does more water = higher humidity? And dialing left increases humidity? It was awesome for a couple hours. Then I put the eggs in and couple hours later the humidity is 60%

Purchased the NR360 today from TSC. Have had it running for about 4 hours now and so far so good with temp and hunidity. I will leave it running tonight and if it's still looking good in the morning, I will put 6 Serama eggs in, and hope for the best. I have 3 hens and a roo, but hens are not broody. So happy to hear about others having success with the NR360, and hoping I can report the same success!
Purchased the NR360 today from TSC. Have had it running for about 4 hours now and so far so good with temp and hunidity. I will leave it running tonight and if it's still looking good in the morning, I will put 6 Serama eggs in, and hope for the best. I have 3 hens and a roo, but hens are not broody. So happy to hear about others having success with the NR360, and hoping I can report the same success!
Update! This is the evening of day four and I am happy to report mostly good news. Bad news, two of the six eggs show no signs of life. HOWEVER, 4 are!!! I am including a pic of one of the 4 that are progressing as expected. I absolutely LOVE the NR360 so far! So easy to add water and I have only had to adjust humidity level a couple times. Humidity level has not gone above 55% and once I noticed it dipped down to 47%. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. Will candle again on day 10 or 11 and share the progress with y'all! I am one excited SeramaMama!

Attachments

• 2018-03-12-20-58-43-860.jpg
    2018-03-12-20-58-43-860.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 148

Back
Top Bottom