Nutritional Yeast vs Brewer's Yeast

Attachments

• Yeast.jpg
    Yeast.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 84
New duck owner here and I’ve read tons about supplementing the feed UNLESS you use starter feed that has added nutrition. I got gamebird starter by Ranch Pro and haven’t added anything. Everyone talks like they’re adding supplements, should I be doing it too? I don’t want my ducks to have too much/too little of anything. They get a handful of mealworm treats in the evening too.

sorry in advance if I should’ve made a separate thread, but everyone here seems very knowledgeable

New duck owner here and I’ve read tons about supplementing the feed UNLESS you use starter feed that has added nutrition. I got gamebird starter by Ranch Pro and haven’t added anything. Everyone talks like they’re adding supplements, should I be doing it too? I don’t want my ducks to have too much/too little of anything. They get a handful of mealworm treats in the evening too.

sorry in advance if I should’ve made a separate thread, but everyone here seems very knowledgeable

Gamebird starter is intended to be fed to Gamebirds, I'm not saying it can't be fed to waterfowl, I know some do, but you might want to contact the company and ask for the niacin content per kilo. I tried searching a niacin estimate, but it seems it greatly varies with the brand and species. Gamebird feed has a little higher protein then duck feed, but many feed it with no reported problems.

Ultimately, this will tell you if you need to supplement with niacin at all.

What breed of ducks do you raise?

Gamebird starter is intended to be fed to Gamebirds, I'm not saying it can't be fed to waterfowl, I know some do, but you might want to contact the company and ask for the niacin content per kilo. I tried searching a niacin estimate, but it seems it greatly varies with the brand and species. Gamebird feed has a little higher protein then duck feed, but many feed it with no reported problems.

Ultimately, this will tell you if you need to supplement with niacin at all.

What breed of ducks do you raise?
I had tried researching the Niacin content with no luck as well. That’s the feed they recommended at the feed store that I purchased the ducklings from. I have a white layer, blue Swedish, and a magpie , all are just a couple weeks old

Back
Top Bottom