Obatianing niacin

DuckMadness

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2017
I found Niacin that's flush free and actual niacin buts it's in 500mg tablets. Would I be safe to split the tablet into 5ths and add a 5th to a gallon of water? Thoughts?

I found Niacin that's flush free and actual niacin buts it's in 500mg tablets. Would I be safe to split the tablet into 5ths and add a 5th to a gallon of water? Thoughts?
Not suppose to use flush free or time released. Plain niacin is what is rec. or Nutritional yeast found at many health food stores or possibly Whole foods. 1 Tab to each cup of feed.

Not suppose to use flush free or time released. Plain niacin is what is rec. or Nutritional yeast found at many health food stores or possibly Whole foods.  1 Tab to each cup of feed.

I found 250mg tablets at gnc that are flush free and are not time released I cut them in half and shaved a bit so I think it's working.

Flush free niacin is a different form of niacin than what we try to give our ducks. Niacin is available as nicotinamide (or niacinamide) and inositol hexanicotinate. The latter is a time release formula that peaks in the blood stream 6-8 hours after ingestion in humans.. that isn't going to be in the duckling long enough!

My autocorrect killed me hahaha I bought Niacin that wasn't not flush free or time released its just regular old niacin.

My autocorrect killed me hahaha I bought Niacin that wasn't not flush free or time released its just regular old niacin.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom