Obsessed Rooster

Nice enclosure!
Yes, I think he'd probably really love some outside space.

How long have you had him?
We've had him (and our hens) since he was a few days old. He's almost 4 months now. Our town doesn't allow roosters which is why we bought supposedly sexed chicks though obviously we still ended up with a roo. I tried to find a home for him and no one was interested in a tiny bantam roo so inside he came. I couldn't bear the thought of culling him. He's a very sweet bird. He seems happy. He's affectionate and has settled in well with the household. My husband and I talked about re-evaluating come spring to either try again to find him a home or see what else we can do. We want him to be happy obviously. For the winter at least though, he'll be my work buddy.

I had a rooster in my rooster-only flock, named Chester, who followed me around all the time. He was intelligent and knew how to steal cat food and escape from his coop. He was also pretty unafraid of people, did the wing dance to me a lot, yet never showed even the slightest hint of aggression towards anyone. Chester loved to get his chest rubbed (he didn’t like being picked up, though) and liked to randomly fly onto my arm.
Here’s a picture of him on a leash at the beach.
06645C05-3020-4C0E-BEA3-751F3AC83606.jpeg

Anyone else have a rooster that is obsessed with them? LOL. We live in a small town where we can have hens but not roosters. We paid to get sexed chicks but of course still ended up with a rooster. I now have an indoor roo that I couldn't find a home for. He lives in big coop in my office but ultimately just ends up out with me most of the time. He perches on my shoulder like parrot. He's almost 4 months old. He is a Sebright Bantam. I've heard roosters of this breed are generally more docile (he does have "hen feathering"). I love him to pieces. Anyone else with an indoor roo? We've been fortunate that except for a few occasions of him pecking/flying at feet he really hasn't been aggressive. We were able to curb that behavior with a spray bottle and water. He also gets along with the cat. Some days I have them both on the back of my chair watching as I work.
I have a banty roo as well. He has spent many a day inside, though he does prefer his girls. As we're currently up too many boys, he's inside. He's a friendly little dude. My parrot gets antsy when Squeak is inside. I don't know if it's hormonal behavior or just a territorial thing. He calls Squeaky and copied his crow, lol.

Attachments

• 20201101_120318.jpg
    20201101_120318.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190217_153426.jpg
    20190217_153426.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 6
Anyone else have a rooster that is obsessed with them? LOL. We live in a small town where we can have hens but not roosters. We paid to get sexed chicks but of course still ended up with a rooster. I now have an indoor roo that I couldn't find a home for. He lives in big coop in my office but ultimately just ends up out with me most of the time. He perches on my shoulder like parrot. He's almost 4 months old. He is a Sebright Bantam. I've heard roosters of this breed are generally more docile (he does have "hen feathering"). I love him to pieces. Anyone else with an indoor roo? We've been fortunate that except for a few occasions of him pecking/flying at feet he really hasn't been aggressive. We were able to curb that behavior with a spray bottle and water. He also gets along with the cat. Some days I have them both on the back of my chair watching as I work.

Yes yes me

Attachments

• B612_20200106_141429_534.jpg
    B612_20200106_141429_534.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom