OCTOBER chicken sacrifice protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really could be anything. A good bonfire party is common this time of year. Chickens alert to all kinds of things out of the ordinary, could have alerted to an intruder, the drums, an animal, something knocking around in the wind. Definitely better safe than sorry, and adding a lock to your coop and run is a cheap and easy measure to take. It's a bit of leap to go from a noise in the dark and a fire to animal theft and sacrifice, though anything is possible. I hope your chickens are safe for another October. My husband asks that I keep my black cat indoors this time of year as well for similar reasons. I don't know how realistic someone stealing and messing with my cat is, but again, keeping him inside for a few weeks is an easy measure to take, plus I can't deny that the coyotes have been out in full force lately, again, better safe than sorry.

Probably just bonfires in the neighborhood and somebody showing off natural instrumental talent. My neighbors have bonfires and evening parties all the time. It sets my dog off when she sees fire. I hope it does not bother the chickens so far not because they are right up my street.

It really could be anything. A good bonfire party is common this time of year.
Yes! We like to light a fire in the fire pit on fall evenings, roast marshmallows, and sometimes, yes, we play our drums, tho ours are the musical hand pan type. But drum circles are a thing, you know. It's a meditative thing, not a demonic ritual....

fwdyy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom