October Hatching ... How many are in? I'm due to hatch on 10/17

Well I set 7 BCM eggs, and 7 Blue X BCM eggs on thursday- no sign yet but I'm still hopeful.
Setting 6 pure FBCM's on Wednesday, and 14 Araucana eggs Thursday. should get about 50% out of the 2 later this week, telling by what I saw candleing.
But yep, sittin tight waiting
caf.gif

Tyler

DAY 22 4 BLW hatched out of 21 eggs...1 more just pipped. I always wait until day 24-25. Of course I will open on day 23 and put hatchlings in brooder. Just in case I have a bad egg explode. come one chickies hatch ...good luck everyone...will try to post after in brooder

I think I've finally had a "bad" incubation. Today was hatch day for two incubators: one chick out of 7 eggs has hatched - day before yesterday! - and NONE of 18 have hatched or even pipped yet.

I do consider ANY hatching a good scenario - luckily I have the other chicks hatched earlier this week to keep that one company.

I've still got some due on 10/17, and on 10/30 or 31.

..somebody better start a November hatching thread, because I know I'm a'gonna be there.....

Quote:
I have ONE Blue Marans in the incubator. When I candled, it looked good so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope he hatches soon...
my update: end of DAY 22 .... 6 BLW out of 21...I more with a pip good luck everyone....come one chickies hatch for us all

Lockdown today I have 16 iof 24 eggs still going 5 had no development and 3 quit. Congrats everyone on your hatches and good luck to those still hatching. Gryeyes sorry about your hatch. Sending everyone good hatching vibes.

Well, out of 36 Coturnix eggs, I had 29 hatch. Not bad, really.
I had 7 chicken eggs in at lockdown, and 5 have hatched. Today is day 21, so I'm hoping the other two hatch. Of course the two I REALLY REALLY wanted to hatch are the 2 that haven't......They are the 2 silkie eggs m2wandc sent me. This is the second time we've tried this. At lockdown the chicks were very active, doing good when I candled, just like last time. I don't know if I should candle them and see what's going on. I don't know what to look for now. Should I see movement on day 21? Should the veining still be visible? I just want to sit down and cry. Everything went perfect this hatch. I did everything right. I know I did. Humidity stayed around 35-40% until I bumped it up at lockdown. My temp stayed between 99 and 100......I limited candleing because I don't want to handle them too much. I just don't know, I want to sit down and cry!!!!!
hit.gif

I have this bad feeling that they're not going to hatch. This is so disappointing.
sad.png

I guess I should just be thankful all the rest did so well. I am, but....

Hello all,
I am setting my first eggs ever today. I got my bater up and running yesterday and it seems to be working just fine, so now I am waiting on my ladies to finish laying today so I can take them straight to the bator. I spent alot of time researching incubators and finally settled on the GQF sportsman 1502. This is my first time and I have been enjoying reading everyones posts. I know that I am starting a little late for an October hatch but there is a reason for this. I found out one year ago today that I was very sick and I consider it the day that my changed. So today I am honoring my anniversary date by starting new life. (I hope) I usually get around 20 eggs a day and I am going to put all of them in my bator today. The chief in charge is my BO roo, and his ladies include; white plymoth rocks, RIR's,BO's, Domineque, isa browns, and he sometimes likes to make a visit to the other coop and talk sweet to the ladies. I have 5 Cx's that just started laying. I like to think that he takes the younger roos under his wing and shows them the ropes, but he is a little stingy when it comes to his girls. I will find out a couple of things. 1 if my roo has the right stuff and 2 if my incubating skills are up to par. I wish everyone luck with the hatchs and I hope to join the group in the very near future.
big_smile.png

Welcome mdulik!!
big_smile.png
We're always happy to have another hatch-aholic join us in all this craziness!! I think that's great what you're doing. Making a positive mark in your world. You're going to LOVE hatching our all your chicks so much that you'll be back again, and again, and again......Just ask anyone on here--it's very addictive.

Well, I just wanted to wish you luck, and welcome you to our little world. You'll find lots of friendly people willing to share their experiences with you anytime you need a bit of advice.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom