October Hatching ... How many are in? I'm due to hatch on 10/17

You could have special educated birds if you put your book in there. My kids call it the butt watch time. Cause thats all they see of me. LOL

Just candled and I've got eight Icelandic fetuses bouncing around in those eggs, plus one serama I stuck in there because I'm addicted to hatching seramas.
big_smile.png

UPDATE: Day 23... 6 out of 21. I have one more weak silkie that I helped still peeping away. The BLW that I helped did not make it. So 2 are gone. I still have 2 with pips. more later..
Silkie is moved to brooder...hope he survives

Last edited:
I thought I lost all mine but last night it was like popcorn. I did loose the EE's but the quail survived. Well most of them have. There are still less than halp in the bator waiting for something to happen. My hatcher spiked and I couldn't get it down and ended up using my bator. I took the turner out and just put the rest of the quail eggs in lock down a day early along with the ones out of the hatcher. I didn't hear a peep put of them at all and no rocking either. I thought they all where dead. I have 24 live quail chicks so far with more pips.

I unplugged the hatcher over night and plugged it back in and so far it's doing fine. I'll use it for the next batch to go in lock down.

p1018101810.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-10-18

DAY 24...This is why I wait....1 more silkieocchin cross hatched just now...so I have 6 BLW and 2 silkie/cochin crosses...2 did die that means I got 8 out of 21 so far. come on other chickies hatch away. good luck everyone

25 hours into lockdown and nothing, after all that rocking?????????? No spikes no drops nothing has changed with the bator. NOTHING I CAN DO Either. Not sure I am cut out for this hatching mess. I am a mess, and I can not focus on 16th centry history, it is bad enough without beind distracted. Anthropology is not so bad least it is interesting, but this histroy bores me to death and I can't die now who will take care of the bator, and all the other chickens? haha Please let these eggs do something today, to let me know they are ok.
emvickery, j'schicks and 8royals congrats on the new babies.

Quote:
Not to worry. Eggs go into hatcher 3 days before they are supposed to hatch. It hasn't been long enough yet. Sometimes they come out early and sometimes they come out a day or 2 late. Try not to think about it. I'm sure if you had no spikes or temp drops you should be okay. It is hard waiting I know. I am addicted to hatching and am very impatient. I have some due to hatch out today and tomorrow. I have 2 pips and 1 out. I got this batch from sonew. I got my batch due to hatch out tomorrow from sassy silkies.

Then I got some due to hatch on the 25 & 26 from Muki1234 off of ebay. I can't wait for all my new little silkie babies to hatch. After all of these I will be done buying eggs for a long time. I am thinking about maybe adding showgirls down the line sometime. But, so far I haven't found to many that I think is cute
lol.png

Goodluck everyone
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom