Salmon1000

Hatching
May 21, 2021
Hello, i need some help with a chicken in a particular situation.
I have a common layer hen that i found months ago, she appeared on my porch, was underweight, had a scar on her stomach and an infection in her oviduct which she was treated for until she stopped laying lash eggs and started pooping normally again.
Ever since then, she only lays soft shelled eggs, takes a lot of time to lay eggs sometimes, or lays fairy eggs, we took her to the vet and they said that everything seemed fine.

However today she took a lot of time to poop and when doing so, had a golden watery poop with some green solid stuff in it, which wasn´t a thing yesterday, i gave her a bath and she seemed to be somwhat firm and ready to lay, so i massaged her and tried to be gentle, though with her history of soft shelled eggs, i´m afraid i may have broken the egg inside her or something.

is she eating?
Yes, she ate scrambled eggs, oregano leaves, grass and stole cat treats today
She doesn´t seem to want to drink that much but did steal milk from the cats

is she letargic?

Considering the storm today we had no other choice but to leave her inside the house so she wouldn´t get hurt, and has spent the time either grooming herself, sleeping, laying in weird positions in front of the fire and picking at a potted plant, though she seems more tired than usual, and is willing to attack any cats that come close to her

is she laying?
She layed a fairy egg yesterday or the day before that, i can´t remember for sure

Extra
Her vent seems puckered but she has made no efforts to lay an egg at all, not even going to the nest which she usually does everyday, she went straight to eating

Can you check to see if you feel an egg? You can do this by putting gloves on and inserting on the finger into her butt. I know it sounds gross, but it works.
I want to do so but i will have to wait, since she hated the bath so much she broke a glass and scared herself a lot, i don´t want to over stress her

She was until recently, like, some weeks to close to a month ago, taking medicine for lash eggs, so she may have something do with that, i also noticed that she has an easier time laying while taking antibiotics which is..really odd honestly

Back
Top Bottom