OD'd on ducks

quackmeup

Chirping
Sep 1, 2018
I picked up this handsome Cayuga drake at a poultry swap this morning. I had no intention of getting A Drake, but he was so beautiful, and his owners clearly cared that he went to a good home and I could not resist. I am thrilled! After picking up another three hens to add to the three I already had, ( I only meant to get two), He now has six ladies to take care of and he is already doing a great job. Tonight when I coaxed them into their enclosure for the night, he let all the ladies go first before he followed them in. He could give etiquette lessons Good job, Ninja !! You're off to a great start.

Attachments

• IMG_3434.JPG
    IMG_3434.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 26
I picked up this handsome Cayuga drake at a poultry swap this morning. I had no intention of getting A Drake, but he was so beautiful, and his owners clearly cared that he went to a good home and I could not resist. I am thrilled! After picking up another three hens to add to the three I already had, ( I only meant to get two), He now has six ladies to take care of and he is already doing a great job. Tonight when I coaxed them into their enclosure for the night, he let all the ladies go first before he followed them in. He could give etiquette lessons Good job, Ninja !! You're off to a great start.
Oh my goodness. . I seriously have tears in my eyes right now.
:hugs:wee:wee:wee:wee:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
@CayugaJana
Come see this!

I swear duck math is worst than chicken math....I started with 6 scovy's. Lost 4 to a dog attack and 1 mysteriously. So to not let lucky my surviving duck be lonely I impluse bought a incubator and 8 Muscovy eggs from intertnet and then decided that would take to long so I bought 5 more ducklings and my wife bought 5 more the next day from TSC. So now I have 11 ducks plus possible 4 more. So chickens double but ducks triple my math is so bad..

I swear duck math is worst than chicken math....I started with 6 scovy's. Lost 4 to a dog attack and 1 mysteriously. So to not let lucky my surviving duck be lonely I impluse bought a incubator and 8 Muscovy eggs from intertnet and then decided that would take to long so I bought 5 more ducklings and my wife bought 5 more the next day from TSC. So now I have 11 ducks plus possible 4 more. So chickens double but ducks triple my math is so bad..
I was never good at math anyway. And you can't let a duck be lonely. When I was down to just one little yellow duck named Honey, she was the saddest thing I've ever seen. I couldn't take it, and rather than abandon the project altogether, I just started collecting more. What else do you do?

I have lost more to dog attacks than anything else. One day, I came home to three dead ducks floating on my pond:th Inside the enclosure, with the door latched!!! When I left for church that morning, they were all out in the yard happily being ducks. And the pen door was propped open. Which means that most likely the owner saw the dog attack them and for some reason decided to close and latch the door. It was years ago, and I've never figured out who it was, but it was such a weird thing to do

I have lost more to dog attacks than anything else. One day, I came home to three dead ducks floating on my pond:th Inside the enclosure, with the door latched!!! When I left for church that morning, they were all out in the yard happily being ducks. And the pen door was propped open. Which means that most likely the owner saw the dog attack them and for some reason decided to close and latch the door. It was years ago, and I've never figured out who it was, but it was such a weird thing to do
:heSo frustrating.
I've only lost the one so far to a dirty rotten fox.

Back
Top Bottom