Office Work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That's what happens when you don't practice your guitar.

How did you know????? I've been wantin' to confess to you but I see it wouldn't be necessary. You want to know why God usually doesn't speak to people directly anymore? Because we find a way to ignore Him anyway! Thanks for the bucketload of guilt Dacs. Go scramble some eggs!

During my lunch break, I went to a thrift store. Mind you, I've been hankering for a real leather fitted jacket for YEARS, but since I didn't officially "need" it, I never went out and got one.

One threw itself at me today while I was browsing the jacket rack. $30 later, I am an officially overjoyed leather jacket owner. I'll see if I can get a pic of it for y'all.

HORAY FOR THRIFT STORES!!!!!!!!! It looks brand new, no wear on it, and it's been professionally cleaned at least once (tag still on). Thank you Lord.

2593_leather_jkt.jpg

Very nice new coat, Buffy! What a steal, too!
big_smile.png
We have no decent thrift stores here...not that DH would let me shop at one if we did. Used horse tack is okay, but used clothing apparently is not. He's not a snob, it just grosses him out for some reason.
hu.gif

Enjoy your time at home dacs.
smile.png
Who takes care of the chickens when you are away? I don't think I could get anyone except maybe my dad to chickensit. (wow, that word looks so wrong)

I was running last night and noticed my basset hound Fluppy chewing on something. It was a porcupine tail and hip joint with a nice big flap of meat and pelt hanging off it.
sickbyc.gif
Disposed of that in the wood boiler, pulled quills out of her nose, washed my hands thoroughly. Just in time to then pull quills out of the big blonde Lab's lips and then wash my hands thoroughly again. My runs are always an adventure and I never leave my yard!

Fun times.
roll.png

My recently hatched chicks
love.gif

7479_100_1367.jpg

One of my friends sent me some show-quality Silkie eggs to "test hatch" for her - of course I said yes! I only got 5 of 14 to hatch, but I'm thrilled with them! They're so much fuzzier than the pet-quality silkies I've had. I can't wait until they grow up!

There's 2 tiny Seramas in there from my own eggs - one is hiding under the Silkies.

Quote:
Oh my gosh Orchid - remnants of a porcupine?? Yikes. Glad they weren't more injured.

Yeah, a lot of people get grossed out by second hand clothes. I was raised wearing them, so it's just part of me to wear something that someone else had. One of my co-workers would rather come to work in fashion ten years out of date that were bought brand new at one time. The only time she would set foot in a thrift store was to buy an outrageous dress for a costume dinner.

Quote:
There are FIVE good ones here in Orleans. They really know what they're doing too. Nicely presented, no horrible old stuff that smells bad or has stains. I'd say about 95% of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. And I'm dang pleased with every item I have.

It would absolutely kill me to pay full price for things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom